Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I can't stand being around people anymore!

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
baffled an lost is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Come across this site while looking for answers. People seem to be nice here so i thought i would give it a go.

The past 18 months or so i've been pulling further and further back from people. I just can't seem to stand people and how they are. I can't look people in the eye any more, it makes me angry when I'm forced to in social situations. I used to be a very social guy, went out with friends, long terms girlfriends, did well at my job and was generally happy. Before this i was your usual emo teen, hate everything, listened to the music and dressed as such. Now i seemed to have reverted back to this. Haven't had a girlfriend in 3yrs because i can't be bothered. I blow friends off all the time because i don't want to have to talk to them. I don't go out at all any more and have to make excuses to get out of social situations with work. When I'm in work and people interact with me it makes me feel physically angry and annoyed, even just making eye contact. I can't even play online games anymore because again, i'd have to interact with people. I wont even give people a lift home in my car because i dont want to talk to them. I don't drink because i'm a control freak and don't like the way it makes me feel, i don't smoke and have never taken drugs.

It seems to have gotten worse over the past 18months since i found a friend of mine dead at his home, since then its all been down hill.

It's killing my career, all i want is to have a family yet the thought of having to interact with people to get this drives me insane!!

It's hard enough just typing this out. What the hell is wrong with me! All i want is to be left alone now!!

70yrs • M •
THX 1137 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It sounds as if you are questioning your direction. That happens. It can be good if you are open to the answers you find. But, it could also lead to depression -- not so good.

Some people are more extroverted than others. Some prefer to keep their own company. Both are normal.

I would take an honest inventory of my emotions and motives to see if I was moving in a positive direction, though perhaps it might be a different direction than previously. Or if I was becoming so negative that I was acting against my own interests.

In the end we all have to live with ourselves.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that parallelist is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel as if knowing what exactly is it about interacting with people that you find so annoying would help you a lot.

Are some people more annoying to you than others? You mentioned people seem nice here as a positive thing so perhaps nice people are less annoying to you?

Also, could it be that interacting with people is drawing attention to something about about yourself you would prefer not to acknowledge?

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoeCrow is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you're depressed, not surprising after finding your friend like that. I'd go to your GP and ask for some counselling and even some anti depressants. Whatever your thoughts about them sometimes you need to take something to enable you to do the stuff you need to do to get yourself out of this.
Lots of people find other people annoying, but the fact that you're posting on here suggests you're not happy with the way your life is going, you want a relationship and to live your life and you deserve all of these things. You're not alone but there is help out there and it will get better.
Good luck.

45yrs • F •
Anet79 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't believe it has anything to do with depression, i feel d same way but ts not coz i lost anyone or am depressed. It's because am so disappointed at people, or better put it, human kind... Most i hav seen is that i have tried to do best to them, b as nice as i could and got d response i least expected... Result was that i decided to isolate ,myself... Accept d world reality, and stay with myself, alone, with my ideals..

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoeCrow is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Isolating yourself is fine, if that's what you really want, but if you want to have relationships etc then you need to sort this out.
Also, depression manifests itself in lots of ways, it not just about feeling sad.

60yrs • M •
coalburner is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
sorry to hear about your friend the friendship must have meant a lot to you,they obviously filled something in your life that kept these feelings at bay,there is someone out there that will fill that emptiness you will find them,,i feel the same way about people started several years ago, only seems they want something to do with you as long as you do what they want ,or they can brag about the newest stuff they have or borrow things and then you have to chase it down only to get an attitude for getting it back,i used to be the guy who would help anyone planned a friends summer party did all the cooking to help out didn't even get a thanks, just an example but have do things like this for years,when I needed some help with a project what I got was a bill for 138 bucks an hour? that cracked everything ,people just don't care, didn't mean to hijack with this rant ,

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy