Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Philosophies dark side.

User Thread
 81yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pljames is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philosophies dark side.
Not judging philosophy are the fathers of it, but two words come to mind, rhetoric and the argument. We are not perfect and have flaws. Any persuasion leans to arguing. And then again there's compromise which clouds the original thought. The facts can be misleading.

When the questions of the facts and truth come to bare questions arise as does the argument or persuasion. There is no absolute or perfect fact or answer. How close can one come to the truth in the first place? Observation rational reasoning and logic seem as close as we can come to truth of the facts.
Thoughts please? Paul

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that deadcitystreets is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you could also use a critical account of whatever thought you wish to examine and draw forth the only intuitive answer that comes to mind. deduction and intuition are also two established methods of scientific enquiry.

"therapy, or more love to give?"
 81yrs • M •
I am considering changing my discipline philosophy to psychology. It seems philosophy draws me to arguing instead of debating.

Where psychology draws me to why do I argue in the first place. I am drawn to wanting to be understood by the words I wrote instead of interpreted, which again draws me to a argument.
Thoughts please. pljames

81yrs • M •
Why am I drawn to a argument when I use philosophy? I cannot use psychology either, in the place of philosophy, because the science method of these disciplines are the same? pljames

47yrs • F •
windy36 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There doesn't seem to be an absolute answer. There only seems to be partial answers. Every philosophy only has partial answers. No one has a complete answer, so every philosophy is flawed.

Philosophies dark side.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy