Just because we're licked a hundered years before we start is no reason not to try - Ambition
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Endless Enya

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Endless Enya
Enya is probably my favorite female music artist. I have a bunch of her tracks that I love listening to, and sometimes it's exactly what I need to either soothe my nerves or to hear something that flows with my own emotions.

Any one else here who appreciates Enya?

I'll post up some of my favorite Enya tracks so we can relax (or get emotional) together

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •
Orinoco Flow

I think this is my all time favourite of all Enya's songs and I bet there are many other people who would say the same.

I can listen to this song anytime. There have been times when I've played it on repeat for the emotions/passion it stirs in me just wants to stay flowing in my head and heart. I love this melody.
This video appears to have been removed

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like it, sorta escapist If I could go anywhere it would be chille in the summertime, I hear that you can go in the mountains and snowboard or down to the sea and swim due to the topography, I could totally learn to surf it would be fantastic not to menchion the violently romantically beauty

My favorite female artists is a tough one really tough but I'm gunna go with Emily Haines, almost anything from knives don't have your back is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-jEHZ-EFc

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that deadcitystreets is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
nice song, i remember this from my childhood. dawn i dont know what continent you're from so i'll ask you if you also like shakespeares sister who i believe enya was in or she may well have written the song? i may be wrong but search youtube for the song 'stay'.

"therapy, or more love to give?"
 42yrs • F •
deadcitystreets - I do know Stay by Shakespears Sister (I think it was popular in the 90's), but no Enya wasn't part of that group nor did she write that song. It's a nice song though, I like how half way through it there's a tempo change and it gets more powerful. It's a little repetitive though.

pickup - checked out the Dr. Blind music vid by Emily Haines. Not really my kinda thing, but that track is very mellow and morose.

For me Enya is a standout in her musical genre. There are many good new age inspired artists and songs but her track record excels compared to most. She has so many beautiful rich songs that to me carry thick emotion and her songs are timeless keeps - as in the repeat value does not expire. You can listen to the same song in ten years time and enjoy it the same as the first time you heard it.

42yrs • F •
Watermark

This song always for some reason pulls at my heart strings. I don't know why. It even brings tears to my eyes sometimes when I listen to it. Maybe there's a woefulness or nostalgia about it that resonates with my own memories from my life even though I don't think them when I listen to it. I love this track too.

42yrs • F •
Lothlórien

"In J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium, Lothlórien is the fairest forest realm of the Elves remaining in Middle-earth during the Third Age."

I wish this song was longer than it is.

42yrs • F •
(I am an Enya-whore)

Caribbean Blue

So the world goes round and round
With all you ever knew
They say the sky high above
Is Caribbean blue

If every man says all he can,
If every man is true,
Do I believe the sky above
Is Caribbean blue

If all you told was turned to gold,
If all you dreamed were new,
Imagine sky high above
In Caribbean blue

Endless Enya
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy