Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Who pays for this forum ?

User Thread
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that littlejohn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why is this forum here ? I'm sure it is not free to host and manage a forum like this. I dont see any ads so somebody is paying for it from their pocket. Why do you suppose they would do that ?
Who are they ?

42yrs • F •
Hi littlejohn and welcome to CC. You are correct, the site is not free to run - I pay for this place to exist because I value it and believe in it. As for the purpose of the forums, I recommend you read the About Captain Cynic section as it is a gives a good introduction into the purpose of this site.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dawn is there a Donate button, I would like to buy you a coffee

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 42yrs • F •
pickup, no there isn't a donation button, I don't feel like that is something I currently prefer to do. I don't want CC members to feel obligated in that way though I do appreciate your sentiment. As for that coffee, can I take a herbal tea instead?

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
haha I like a cup of chamomile myself , I am not a big coffee drinker but there was this sort of indie movement that compared donating to their art by buying them a starbucks coffee for something that they made that will last you your entire life.

It's sort of a satire on corporate greed and on how we willfully waste money on things that really don't seem to matter as much.

I do however enjoy marleys mellow mood from time to time which sort of like an anti energy tea supplement drink as I can be very high energy from time to time.

starbucks coffee in particular gives me the shakes, it's like crack really when you look at the amount of caffeine in it. Thank you for this site it's awesome and so are you

I am going to stop being such a jerk to people that I see as bullies on this site and try to turn the other cheek please forgive my transgressions

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" Bob Marley

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 42yrs • F •
Well I'm glad you're here and that you're enjoying the site.

LOL - I just read your personal quote - I love Carl Sagan! I love watching the beginning of the first episode of the Cosmos because of Carl and his warm words

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy