Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Could one live their philosophy?

User Thread
 81yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pljames is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If philosophy is your belief, why can't you live it? I understand words have several meanings, but one meaning only? Like the word love? Thoughts please? plj

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is an ongoing progression. A static philosophy is dogmatic.

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that littlejohn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey thx, you are the most right on I have seen in a long time. whats up with you .. where you atl ??

Here's me... philosopy not your belief or your law to live. it is a basis for developing your ethical system... and as THX says ... subect to change...

70yrs • M •
LittleJohn, I agree that :
quote:
It is a basis for developing your ethical system.

That is the best explanation of the what and the why of philosophical inquisition I have read.

I will ignore your comments on thx. I have met him. He's not so much. Give him a beer, and a country road, put him on an Electra Glide and he will blatz out, impervious of anyone. Pretty much useless.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im gunna make a thread that is sorta like this but will be more interesting I feel.

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 70yrs • M •
Pickup: Let me know and I will be there. Unless I am not invited. Still, plJames this one is pretty good.

Fact is, I imagine everyone has the same problems I do (well, maybe not so much). The person on the other side of these eyes seems to be sometimes better than the person on your side. And I wonder why. I know I have in me better than my history shows, so why the difference?

If I knew the answer I would post it. I came here to see if someone had.

I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. It turned out to be someone with a flashlight going the other way.

47yrs • F •
windy36 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I base my philosophy on how the world actual is. My philosophy is nilhilism. I hate having to adopt this philosophy because it is depressing me,so I use lots activities to make me sort of happy.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BHU is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philosophy only deals with the conscious part of your brain which is the tip of the iceberg.

The conscious brain is only 0.001% of life.

If you live your philosophy then you are seriously handicapped because most of reality is out of your conscious awareness and thoughts (philosophy).

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy