The trouble with wanting something is the fear of losing it, or never getting it. The thought makes you weak. - CrAzYWhiteGirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Experimenting with Post Processing Images

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
I'm learning through practice the art of post processing images. I've come to learn that post processing is half the job when it comes to photography - there are photographers out there whose photos have me dazzled and then I come to learn that so much went into altering the image using imaging software. So, although I still want to be able to take a shot that's perfect without any post work, I still need to learn how to manipulate images using tools of the trade. I'g going to post up my worked on images here.

Please do not use the images I post up. I own full ownership and copyright of all the images I post up here.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •
Big Foot

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •
Rise

42yrs • F •
In Dreams

49yrs • M •
azure is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I like these images very much, especially "Rise". I too am like you in discovering the joys of post processing. I only got a digital camera about three years ago, just a simple automatic and discovered a new outlet for my never ending thirst to be creative. I enjoy the freedom of being an amateur and therefore able to experiment without fear of criticism. At the risk of offending the purists; the invention of the digital camera seems to offer the amateur the chance to now and again look professional, it's like winning the lottery, I'm quite happy to take 999 rubbish photos if number 1000 strikes it lucky. The only difference being that the lottery doesn't get easier with practice, which is a shame. Here are a couple of my heavily post processed images, I hope you post some more of yours also.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy