Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Oz the Great and Powerful: Watching a Bad Movie in 3D

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
I haven't been to the cinema in years. Went last night thanks to an invite from my sister as she wanted to see Oz the Great and Powerful in 3D. Apart from an Imax movie I saw about 10 years ago, I had never watched a 3D movie before so this was my first.

Although this was a bad movie, the experience of watching it in 3D ended up being educational. Normally, if I watched this movie at home I probably would not have gotten all the way through it. The scene where they meet the china doll and she cries for what seemed like five minutes to me, would have been where I said okay, that's enough for me.

But somehow, even though I thought this movie was pretty bad, watching it in 3D allowed me to watch the whole thing without wanting to pull my hair out or wanting my time back. It's like the novelty of the 3D effect offsets the shiftiness of the movie somehow.

Which may to some degree explain why there has been a stream of terribad movies that get released and make money. I thought avatar was remarkably bad yet knew people who watched it 6 times in the cinema in 3D - watching it in 3D becomes the entertaining part, not the movie itself.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy