Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Humans must unite. - Page 3

User Thread
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But who decides the the means of the test or sets the criteria? I'm sorry, but it still sounds like eugenics.

64yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Hobbes Choice is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Selective breeding is a bloody stupid idea.
Who decides?
What are the criteria: blonde hair and blue eyes; intelligence? How would you measure it? And why would you think that criteria in particular would fit what the future has to throw at us?

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that SomeKindaCyan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree that there are days when I would like to give everyone an exam. On it would be multiple choice questions regarding the costs of the child and signing that they will actually care of the child until it reaches adulthood. Now...I know that will never happen...

To the OP about human greed...unfortunately it's a necessity in our society- at least the was I see it. The average single person cannot afford to live on their own in this economy making DOUBLE the minimum wage. Jobs do not have to provide healthcare, paid time off to see your families or any other kind of benefits. It creates a rat race. I would be so content to have a job, be able to get a studio apartment by my job and keep my car running when safety inspection comes around. I will probably never get that because we live in a couple society. Statistics are driven from American families, the average being a four person household. Two adults making 15/h bring in about 56k a year. That is enough to have an apartment, making 28k a year is a lot more difficult. So you either fall into societies lines and shack up, or you join the rat race. In my humble and slightly ranting opinion.

""Dying's easy; living's hard." -Wilson"
 70yrs • M •
My conclusion on this thread:

Humans must unite to survive.

They are not going to.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theory your a prole of a perverted sort your like the anti prole but so much so that you sort of are a prole, I believe that you trying to retract your incitement of genocide was more like tryng to save face. I don't know if you get that reference to 1984 or not but you can infect change by becoming a lawyer changing the precedent become a judge etc. etc. or hell climb a ladder somewhere else in society, their are people who hate the system soo much that they would rather create an anarchist state in its stead which would usher in a new dark age unlike any we have seen on the face of the earth.
suburban slavery oh noo lets just fucking kill everyone because suburban slavery and the fear of losing my job or 401k etc etc bullshit Your exposing that we create a fascist society theory uber alles who the fuck makes you or anyone in your little cult so qualified to do so
there is an e in haste and why would you want to antagonize someone that you need to change, because you want them dead thats why your not changing anyones mind because you look at them like they are already dead the walking dead if you will california uber alles anyone. Really man you don't see the parellels and hypocrisy you are spouting off right now?
your espousing euginics witht your whole testing bullshit that can be distorted to hurt the lowest income populations next whats gunna come out of your mouth, no idea but I guess its neo fascist psyuedo intellectual nietzschian humanist athiest psycho babble just shut up already or fucking kill something what is wrong with you?
You think thats the path to a better fucking world really are you INSANE because it sounds like your INSANE just like nietzsche before he died. Really think about what your saying for two complete hours just two hours of your life look at everything you belief and and question all of it because your full of shit right now.
The world you describe is a combination of the best elements in 1984 and A Brave New World distopian society. IT STILL MAKES A DISTOPIAN SOCIETY. You would send human kind into a dark age of spanish inquisition type violence and persecution just so you can create a society of your designed by your idols? I've heard your ideas regurgitated constantly You KNOW BY WHO, students from the MILITARY thats right folks stoic facism, lets have a dark age style murder party of the ignorant and for what? While the conscious evil in the world can just further manipulate you, and tell you what to do, because they control whether you eat or die live or breath? And what of the handicapped elderly and the ignorant poor majority around the world, let them starve so you can save the fucking rainforest really suck a dick your fucking whack man really check yourself before though wrecks himself.

I am sorry I was an asshole throught that I try not to do that as much as I can but in annymous forums thats what happens when people tell others that they should be dead. They get told right the F back.
How do I think we can fix this? We need to stop letting organized religion be an ok thing, not to many people sit down and think about the massive societal harm the catholic church really does or any organized religion for that matter, but we need to offer them a welcoming society that says, It's ok that your faith is shaken let us help you understand what it is in life you are missing, rather than scaring them back to religion by being total jackasses to people who are religious you need to slowly talk them down from that damn ivery tower and show them the light of creating a better ethical system, show them that man is naturally good, that learned behavior and ideas makes people do wicked things that it is not primarly in our nature to want to kill eachother or decieve. But thats not what people do, so called tollerant people going to tea party rallies and antagonizing them with satire instead of just talking with them peacefully and trying to change their minds, granted this won't work with Fred Phelps but it should work with your average church goer. Antagonizing people pisses them of and strengthens their resolve, the only way to unite is to be the change that you want to see in the world, yes I just dropped the g man.
We can Unite, the problem is the people who are smart enough to know whats up either corrupt the system for their own personal gain or are too lazy too. For me if I become a lawyer or a lawmaker or started a business that proved we could all live as one with fair ness and equality anything tide stemming that would start the seas of change that is how I see myself conrtibuting to society, It doesn't think its infected but it is, be the cure, the antivenom in the system, non participation won't work and you really think you can topple this monster? whats your master plan, does it involve violence fear and judgement based on popular opinion (within your own reich) that leads to executions of the innocent and "the damned" with no evidence presented at trial, a sick perverse form of utilitarianism?
Just try to change things within the system, it is actually possible, not very easy mind you, you may have to kiss some ass etc. etc. but when you have hold of the ship, when our generation has control of the ship is this where you want us to go? Pirate or Patriot of a revolution. Knives don't have your back.

post omega your a creepy fucker not gunna lie, leave unto ceasars what is ceasars and unto gods what is gods. I think that people who drive our economy should be held in esteem, givin power in a way other than the profit motive that leads men ethically corrupt and bankrupt, see my post of economic governmental system and tell me what you think, but really your statement reminds me of a corporate spy who is lurking the internet saying "big brother is watching you"

hobbes: so your saying for humans to unite they have to stop being humans
aaahh yess brilliant hobes this is a great point to make, your absolutely right overpopulation is a huge problems but if you defend everywhere then you defend nothing. The reasons the romans where overcome by barbarians wasn't because they didn't have a stronger army it was because the army they had was spread thin. Sort of like our misguided efforts at changing the world, too much attention is on peta and the environment, you have to attack the reasons why people don't care about animal rights or the environment before you can fix those problems completely, ideally that would work but we can't do that because then we would lose our planet way to quickly and lets face it everytime I see a peta ad I feel a little bad but I don't send money to them or sign there petitions for any other cause other than things that deny corporations too much power and laws that seek to further seperate church and state that is what my cause is that is my focus restructuring our economic and spiritual landscape so that we have a chance at uniting and changing things

little john
thank you for warning theory about the dangers of facism, also things like fashon wearing the same clothes listening to the same music just to be with other people feigning interest for acceptence, conformity is everywhere it's influences are everywhere it is very powerful but if you look at expirements on conformity the power of dissenters of opinion can have a big impact on someones opinion, create a false confederate dissenting opinion and then you have two different types of dissenters, one side saying that the 4 inch line and the 7 inch line are the same and the other saying that the 4 inch line and the three inch line look the same when in actuality only the 4 inch and the 4 inch line match up, paraphrasing a psychological expiriment really but the fact remains that you should honestly trust no one opinion but your own, hear it understand, if it changes your own opinion then fine but be aware of copying it.

thx your dunking buckets everywhere in this thread but i like the that sounds like eugenics comment the most it real put the nail on the head on what is wrong with theories arguement, but please don't take the defeatest attitude that the world will go on without us it sounds like the human extinction movement which is downright depressing.

I love being wrong please help me be wrong

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 70yrs • M •
Pickup, I should not be so negative. Granted. But like a man who has a cheating partner, I still want to believe but have so often been disappointed. I see the divisions amongst us and think that, well, we might not make it.

Please prove me wrong.

64yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Hobbes Choice is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Pickup Said:"
hobbes: so your saying for humans to unite they have to stop being humans
aaahh yess brilliant hobes this is a great point to make, your absolutely right overpopulation is a huge problems but if you defend everywhere then you defend nothing. The reasons the romans where overcome by barbarians wasn't because they didn't have a stronger army it was because the army they had was spread thin. Sort of like our misguided efforts at changing the world, too much attention is on peta and the environment, you have to attack the reasons why people don't care about animal rights or the environment before you can fix those problems completely, ideally that would work but we can't do that because then we would lose our planet way to quickly and lets face it everytime I see a peta ad I feel a little bad but I don't send money to them or sign there petitions for any other cause other than things that deny corporations too much power and laws that seek to further seperate church and state that is what my cause is that is my focus restructuring our economic and spiritual landscape so that we have a chance at uniting and changing things."

I'm not sure why you attach the analogy of the Fall of Rome (FoR) to this problem but I do not think you are correct about the reasons for it.
The FoR was not due to being spread too thin. The numbers of legions was at similar levels that it had been for 4 centuries.
Your idea thus cannot hold water - Rome was spread "too thin" for too long, you'd have to account for why it existed at all. There is no simple agreement about the FoR, but Gibbon writing in the 18thC offered the most penetrating and sustaining theory that still holds up well after all the years that have passed since he wrote Decline and Fall. Simply enough, though his book is too large to summarise here. The Romans lost the Empire due to a change in ideology; the Romans adopted Christianity. That was their undoing, they changed the way they mentally psychological thought about their own situation. Who needs to worry about THIS world when they have a promise of the next. When the barbarians swept across Europe as they did time and again. Many writers declared that it was god's judgement on the sinners, almost relishing their own demise.

That is a problem that is still present.
Billions think that their reward is in the next world, why should they bother about THIS one?
In fact many more fundamental ones think that a Global conflict is not only inevitable but is desirable - that being the means by which god will call up all the dead into heaven.

The world can only be saved if we realise that it is the only thing we have got. It can only be saved on concentrating on all of it, by thinking globally and acting locally. It can only be saved by a complete revision of our thinking about our place in nature, and the rejection of mystical nonsense that tells us that this is not the only existence.

34yrs • M •
Hobbes thank you for that history lesson, I had heard that second hand and was trying to make a different point through analogy. That is an even better more eloquent analogy that you made to the fall of Rome that illustrates the point really well thought out. That's how I think we can unite really, if we CONVERT the religious part.

Thx I love being proved wrong but not here, I hate to say it but just try and on faith know that it will get better, I say dump that bitch and find a new one, a better one a non religious one that won't cheat you out of your money or your own concept of a soul or what makes you, you a good person.

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Pick up- first of all id like to thank you for your input into my thread and breathing life back into the discussion.
(Even if i do find your response a little harsh).

On my final comment reference breeding programmes-
I'm not suggesting we select certain characteristics in humans to breed a master race. My comment was far from a new age fascist movement. Quite the opposite. More along the lines of attempting to eradicate disease and genetic illness. 90% of humans are immune to leprosy if the other ten percent could only breed with a member of the 90% we could eradicate certain genes and traits the global gene pool could do with out.
I feel the world is and has been for many years a raise war. So would "moonies" ideology of a mass blending pot be a bad idea? Eventually there will only be one raise any way so why no speed up the process. And as Ive stated before this stretches a little of topic.

I'm by no means part of a cult as you claim.
But was a member of the military and have first had experience of war and the torment that goes with it.
The rich keep sending the poor to fight whilst sipping cherry and counting there coffers and this is the ideology you cling to.

Why would humans uniting bring a new age of darkness.... look around this is what you are already part of.
Small children die of diaria everyday whilst the leader of you country has a car worth more than a small country.

Your probably the biggest hypocrite of all.
So keep typing on that new keyboard mummy bought you with the cash she sold her soul for and keep praying to your false idols. Fall back to sleep to the sweet sounds of ignorance because your countries fantastic, otherwise god wouldn't put his name on a dollar bill would he?

Ive already seen what violence and fear accomplish and its not prity so please don't tarnish my name with hate.

I'm a new age hippie who has already lived in hell. With no intention of returning or seeing it in my own lands.

The ignorance of man shall destroy our brital home.

Thx... why so defeatist? This is why i created this thread to see if humans appart from me crave unity and peace.
With that attitude humans are fucked.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 34yrs • M •
Dude your the fucking moron that WENT INTO THE MILITARY, please shut the fuck up, SHUT THE FUCK UP

Breeding doesn't solve Mental illness, look up epigenetics, I don't have anyfucking idols? who are my idols?

I was able to sniff you out as a former military stoic fascist. You say your not planning on building a master race then immediately talk about fucking breeding humans to take out genetic defect? a lot of genetic problems are the result of mutation not only that but trauma in an already developing mind is a terrible thing, a horrible thing.

You say your Against war and you JOINED THE MILITARY YOUR THE WORST ONE OF ALL MAN if you were a cop YOU WOULD BE A FUCKING PIG thinking you know better because you fought for your country? bull fucking shit you fought for your government your fighting and dying for your government. And I am the hypocrite

you who joined the MILITARY and espouse FASCIST IDEAS call mee a fucking hypocrite?

Then you make false accusations about the character of an anonymous person, attacking a fictional characters personally to discredit them rather than fucking attacking my argument at all.

Don't be pissed of to people who DISSENT AGAISNT THE WAR

WE DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE TO DIE SO THE US CAN HAVE A FOOTHOLD IN THE MIDDLE EAST

did you know that we pay bribes to Taliban officials in order to move troops and supplies around Afghanistan and Iraq? You do know all we are doing is destabilizing the region right? your just pissing people of.

Maybe you needed the money, your right it's fucked up it's always been but your the one who sold your soul so don't take it out on the people who didn't

No Moonies idea of sleeping with people from other cultures and assimilation of a world state is not a bad idea, it's actually how romans and other conquerors and even warring kingdoms in the early stages of medieval history got people to get along by assimilating culture through marriage and I guess you could say interbreeding, But what your espousing is selective interbreeding which is wrong.

What about human trafficking, sextrafficking, teaching abstinence in Africa as part of bush and the catholic churches policies not to mention all the pedophiles they ship over there.

the way you described humans coming together would bring a dark age of facism because you think your better than other people because you went to war you think your some fucking warrior philosopher, your just regurgitating what I have heard from people just like you

your offering no solutions about how to combat bad governance YOUR NOT EVEN OFFERING WAYS HOW WE CAN UNITE

I DID so SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF MY POLITICAL FUCKING OPINIONS

you kinda should kinda, I was a chomskian anarchist but I realized people can take way too much advantage in an anarchy it would be MOB RULE

How does Interbreeding solve poverty? and the huge class war that we have?

by the way I was going to school as a Psych Philosophy double major, and now I am going for a Paralegal Degree, what are you doing sucking on the socialist military teat? then damning socialist policies? then saying we need to control our population through testing to create that shit? man your whacked out

Epigenetics look it up its a big part in trauma and PTSD, I am sorry I felt I needed to take you down a peg but if I try to have a calm conversation against war policies with one of you in real life you guys get hostile instead of logical all the sudden your like why don't you just support the troops?

Support the troops is a guilt trip rally cry that means basically "support the war and its policies.

You have a weird way of showing that you want to create unity and peace through not only your confessed action but your own words.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/96657/what-economic-governmental-syte
m-works-best-and-how.htm

this is my thread on how we can create a better world through the governmental economic system of a social democracy.

Its a research paper In essay form, maybe I will right a research paper on it I don't know but at least I think about it and sign petitions that I think can help us as a people.

I don't like personal attacks via the interwebs I really don't, but some people need to be told

70yrs • M •
Theory, Pickup: cease fire. I like you both, though we don't always agree. And that is the point.

Pickup: Let's ease up on the 'fucks' and undo the caps lock key.

Theory: Use the spell checker.

Now both of you shake hands.
...then come out fighting,

Remember both of you correctly found me too negative when I stated that we couldn't get along. Please prove me wrong. Heck, you guys are making my point.

[  Edited by thx1137 at   ]
 34yrs • M •
Thx, I try really hard man I really do, but I lose my patience all the time and yes we are totally making your point but the problem is when your out in the world no one likes to talk about what really matters and anytime I see bully psychology and opinions or thought processes I just see red and push back as hard as I can over the internet

In the real world I don't pick fights like this that directly attack arguments I try to make jokes that bely the truth, like Oscar Wilde once said, "If you want to tell someone the truth make them laugh... or they'll kill you"

If that ever does happen though, because I am relatively non violent and consider myself a deer in a world of sheep and wolves, You can take my blood you can take my flesh but baby that's all you get - the Gallows

36yrs • M
You clearly have misinterpreted my points, perhaps it got lost in translation through to your angry attitude.

Your attempts to belittle me and my life decisions are dampened by the amount of profanities you use. Your attempts to condescend fall short to your infantile response.

You jumped on to a topic clearly without reading previous post. When did i say inbreeding?
I was merely acquiring info into the possibilities of humans uniting as a species to create a future worth living.
And you fixated on one sentence i wrote about selective breeding hindering on moonies ideology,

For somebody who seems educated in an array of topics you come across ignorant to your own flaws.

Who are you to judge?
It is my life Ive made my own mistakes and ill fix them. Worry about yourself instead of taking time out of you day to gloat about your current structure in life.
Ive lived in 4 countries in my life and seen parts of the world you don't know exist. And I'm currently preparing to move to Australia.

I feel only saddened at your response to the military. I'm completely against all wars hence the thread. And lost a lot of friends.
The military should be only used as personal country protection, but these men don't have an option to were they are sent.
Trust me this is no war cry...

36yrs • M
Perhaps you should direct your hate and anguish toward your government than the military.

34yrs • M •
dude really

quote:
Your probably the biggest hypocrite of all.
So keep typing on that new keyboard mummy bought you with the cash she sold her soul for and keep praying to your false idols. Fall back to sleep to the sweet sounds of ignorance because your countries fantastic, otherwise god wouldn't put his name on a dollar bill would he?

Dude really

I typed this while going through an escalating mania and am very sorry for how I typed and reacted to you, we do need to unite as a species and this really isn't the way to do so and in this we are both hypocrites.

thanks for your intentions in serving etc. etc.

Humans must unite. - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy