Music is about hearing a beautiful sound. Not about seeing a beautiful face. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you think of this?

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
bamberg82 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Shibus four step hypothesis of the fundamental relation between objects.

I created this elaborate system that I believe stands true not just for the human mind based on Carl Jung, but also for any two objects in the universe. Remember, its just a hypothesis.

1) I do not make a distinction between humans and objects since i consider humans to be simply complex objects.

2) I believe that objects are either drawn towards, or they draw towards themselves.

3) I think objects draw into themselves either control or freedom, or draw towards control or freedom.

4) I think the purpose they do this is so that they may either grow, or they may survive.

In this, i do not assume objects have the ability to think, but rather, that they are either drawn towards, and draw in.

here, these definitions are parallel with Jung
with,

1) introversion being a drawing in.
2) extraversion being a drawing out.
3) controls being judgment.
4) freedom being perception.
5) survival being thinking and sensing.
6) growth being feeling and intuition.
Keywords: Jung,

48yrs • M •
bamberg82 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Also, as i mull my hypothesis, I've noticed a intuitive pattern

Drawing in seems negative
Drawing toward seems positive

Control seems negative (inabilities)
Freedom seems positive (abilities)

Survival seems negative
Growth seems positive

Also, I would like to mention that all objects may display both negative and positive depending on the situation

If only there was a way to mathematically express this.

48yrs • M •
since i can't prove this for the natural world, I'll have to satisfy myself by using this hypothesis as a personality model instead

Though i do suspect it works in parallel with the natural world

45yrs • M
Post Omega is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You refer to yourself as "I" which is subjective therefore your first hypothesis is a contradiction of terms because if humans are simply just complex objects then the simple complex object, you, just violated it by implication of subjectivity.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy