Without light, there can be no darkness. But the darkness doesn't need the light to win. - Gaz Mitchell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Can't tell what's real and what's not

User Thread
 28yrs • M •
jherb is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi.
So I'm seventeen and a Junior in High School. I have always been I guess what you can call a normal kid. I wasn't very popular but nevermind all that.
Ever since the 4th grade, I have been looking at life and everything just seems so far away but then again, everything seems so real. All of my friends tell me the difference between the two is dreaming, in which everything is off and not possible, which seems logical, but the same type of atmosphere switches between dream and reality. Like I said, it's been happening since the fourth grade and it is really starting to upset me. I lose interest in a lot of things because of this feeling. Sometimes, I feel as if I have already died somehow and nothing is real. I remember having dreams as a kid. Dreams where I would wake up, not even remember the dream but notice that everything around me was fake. I knew for a fact I was awake because I would get scared and tell my father during the night. He would always ask about it the next morning. Anyway, I would wake up and everything around me would seem farther than it should be, as in distance. Everything I heard from sounds, to talking to my family members, to just footsteps sounded sped up. Although everything else was fast, I was moving at a regular speed. I don't know what it was but I'd like to know.
Again, it's making me angry and frustrated. I'd like to just move on with my life but it is very hard to through this perspective. Any help is wanted and appreciated.
Thanks
Keywords: Real, Not, Help,

33yrs • M •
mycalling062190 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey,

it sounds very similar to derealazation/depersonilzation. Iv experiened very crazy feelingz in the past too. like feeling everything seems fake, or unreal. i also felt like i was looking at my view from a distince. It lasted for a good few years, and slowly, but surely it faded away. idk what triggered it, but it coulda been anumber of things.

so have you seen some kind of docter about this?

28yrs • M •
jherb is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I've talked to my usual checkup doctor about it. He said the only thing he could explain was the waking up and seeing everything from a distance. He said I must have been still in a state of sleep but I know I was awake. But that's the only person I asked about it who gave me an answer.

33yrs • M •
mycalling062190 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hopefully things gett better for you. i can understand the fustration your going threw

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy