Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

It made a beautiful mess of our customary ways

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sambear71 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Day The Wind Moved In

We were so moored it was stagnant, or so we thought...but life like a hurricane swept such antiquated notions from our brains and the lives misspelled within their confines. It was pretty funny actually, how we thought we had it all nailed down to the last bit of overly-glorified decor and where the breakers lay. But5 now we have no way to shut off this surging power, and the calm we always thought we'd be a part of has left us wondering where we belong in this swirling.

What defines a vortex can become awfully dependent on context...so take heed when I tell you there was nothing about the presence we were hopelessly sucked into. We had to be coaxed into the coils and loops, until such devils drained the dust from our eyes and made us see and touch the world at wide. Our walls collapsed around our disbelieving thoughts, true...but we weren't shattered by the news, nor taken against our will to vistas so terrible they left us terrified and crying for deliverance back into the illusion of safety and security. We we tempted out of our inclinations, to taste the breath of quality of breath in air not recirculated to the extinction of refreshment...and found it exhilarating, invigorating and almost more than we could bear to cherish.

We're still not used to sharing space with this ephemeral witness to our habitual lassitude...but we're learning to move with it, and not establish too many buffer zones that inhibit more than they can ever protect. Our doors are as open as our windows now, to the flood that rides above to create currents that can carry us further than our dreams of sitting down. The apples in our minds are succulent with summertime, and the fall yawns before us all as we wonder where we'll lay this bliss to rest at last. The ride's been more than worth our while, no matter where it takes us next...and the company kept sweet beneath our feet, teaching us what life was like before we forgot how to fly. So hello and goodbye, to the air and life on the vine...for in the invisible we are entwined, our eyes full of the widening gyre of its Cyclopean vision.

Nothing remained as it had been for the ever-after after that...Samuel Bear Davis...

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that HissyFit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Holy crap, sam! You have a book of these, don't you? Pull out a page and make the ladies swoon .. the smart ones, anyway.

Are you acquainted with the invisible? Or simply imagining how wonderful it might be?

[  Edited by HissyFit at   ]
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sambear71 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...um...(red-faced, a bit abashed and yet quietly proud)...actually, yeah, I've gone way too far with this fetish. Just broke the 5,000 postmark on my boring-ass blog where all my creative work can be found, and have even succumbed to the temptation to be a bit romantic online...which has led to far finer and more meaningful encounters than the typical ennui of bumpin' uglies. Don't tempt me to get flirtatious with you now....still trying to resist that impulse.... ...

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that HissyFit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You get up too early, are you aware of this?

Happy to red-face you. I actually googled you last night, found your blog .. and found some other site where you ranted a bit at other people. So I've already discovered you have a gushy side and a grouchy side. Wow, I feel such power here.

I'm actually not a fan of online romance, though I'm incredibly susceptible to the temptation to fall into it. I think it'd be good to have a conversation on messenger perhaps. I'm a fellow introvert who spends way too much time in my apartment and stresses about way too many irrelevant things. I imagine there's a way to contact you through that blog of yours.... or you could make it easy for me and post your email address. Your choice. Did I mention I'm lazy and technically inept?

[  Edited by HissyFit at   ]
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy