Life is like a tree, you never know if you are going to get any rain. - bob rulz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Christopher Pike Books

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
Christopher Pike Books
Between the age of around 9-12 I read every Christopher Pike book I could get my hands on. I think it provided some form of escape for me, the way watching a movie can. I never owned a copy, I always borrowed every Christopher Pike book I that could from the local library. The library had a cool system where you could get them to order books they didn't currently have and there were so many times where I would find out titles they didn't have (seeing as the ones they did have usually listed other titles by the same author at the back of the book) and request them. It was exciting getting a new book in seeing as the person who requests the order has first dibs on borrowing it. So having a new, unopened book to read was something to look forward to.

I think most of C. Pike's books followed a similar pattern - they were usually horror or murder mystery based, usually with high school or young adult characters. I think at some point I might buy copies of all the C. Pike books that I read as a teenager - make a little collection of it and re-read them.

I don't remember all the titles, but when I come across a title that I've read I know most of them immediately:

Slumber Party
Weekend
The Tachyon Web
Last Act
Spellbound
Gimme a Kiss
Scavenger Hunt
Fall into Darkness
See You Later
Witch
Whisper of Death
Die Softly
Bury Me Deep
Master of Murder
Monster
Road to Nowhere
The Eternal Enemy
The Immortal
The Wicked Heart
The Midnight Club

It's so weird, some of these book titles like 'Road to Nowhere' are so familiar to me but I have no memory of what the book is about.

Keywords: Christopher Pike, books,

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 45yrs • F •
Dweeb is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The Final Friends Trilogy was my favorite. Thanks for the dive down memory lane

42yrs • F •
Holy shit, I had totally forgotten about Final Friends! Yeah I read them too - The Party, The Dance and The Graduation.

I'll have to read these again someday to really jog my memory.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •
Lol, I remember the signature cover of so many of these books where Christopher Pike's name was always in bold shiny lettering and the shine often was worn out from wear and tear. And how the new books always looked that much better because the metallic shine was intact.

Christopher Pike Books
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy