The whole world can change with the flutter of a butterfly - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Contradictions in the Bible

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
This graphical visualization was created by a team (Steve Wells, Andy Marlow, Chris Harrison) from Project Reason.

The idea was to visually represent all the contradictions there are in the Christian Bible:
quote:
The bars that run along the bottom of the visualization represent the 1189 chapters in The Bible, with the length of each bar corresponding to the number of verses in each chapter. White bars represent the Old Testament and grey bars represent The New Testament. Each arc indicates a contradiction.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 42yrs • F •

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 58yrs • M
Byron sessoms is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Since I can't even read your so called graph!
I think you failed to make a valid point!
I believe and read my KJB , I've learned
just because you don't understand something
doesn't necessarily make it wrong!
Follow the Instructions!
2 Timothy 2 v 15! it works!

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Byron, there are two separate versions of creation in Genesis, there are two conflicting stories as to the death of the messenger who brought the news of Saul. The Bible has two versions of how Judas dies. There are contradictions.

It is there, and these and many other contradictions are not a case of understanding, for the contradictions are obvious.

If you chose to believe, believe. But do not deny what is obvious, nor rail against those that can read too. They are not attacking you.

70yrs • M •
algernon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This is true I feel but wasn`t the bible written by human beings who were inspired by `God`? Every human being on earth contradicts themselves every day. I believe the bible is a message not always to be taken literally but symbolically too.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BHU is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The VERY FIRST line of the Bible is a contradiction:

"In the big inning, God..."

BASEBALL DIDN'T EXIST BACK THEN!

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy