Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

how to get out of an abusive relationship?

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
milly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi, I just joined and I need some help.

I am 26 years old. My family arranged my marriage to a man who from overseas and after we married I migrated to his country.

When we first married, it was very nice and I fell in love with him. He was very nice and sweet to me, he would buy me gifts without my asking and I thought that life was going to be pretty good.

But after a few months of marriage, he started to change I found out that he uses drugs and he is very abusive. He has beaten me many times. At first I thought maybe he is doing this because he is stress from his job that he does not like to talk to me about. But it has been over one year and things have only become more bad. Sometimes he has hold me against the wall and punched me in my head and I passed out.

I don't know what to do because all my family and friends are in my home country and I very scared because I don't know how I can get away from him. I don't have a job, I am basically a housewife and he pays for everything. I don't have enough of my own money to fly back to my country. But if I did, I feel I would be a burden on my family and I feel people will look down upon me. I have not told anyone about my husband beating me, this is the first time I am telling anyone.
Keywords: husband

39yrs • M •
simplesimon989 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You situation is a very complicated one but theres a way out somehow. The earlier you get out the better.
U identified your problems, now lets try and find solutions to the majour ones.U said you dont have enough money to get you to your home country n are litterary dependant on this monster. Is there any form of buying and selling you can do outside his suspicion that can raise funds for you to return home?If not , is it possible where you are to get hold of one of those women freeedom organisations that can fund you somehow?
Say you finally get the money, you are worried of being a burden to your own people... Is that situation of you being a burden worser than your abusive husband?If not then i guess you ought to get there without thinking much on what your own people wud say , unless if they will carry out an honour killing on u....

"Hatred against a beliefe that you cant understand is itself utter Hypocrisy"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Kindred Heart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is terrible

I agree with simplesimon, is there anyway you could sell things to buy a ticket back to your family?

But then again, if you migrated from another country, are you allowed to go back?

I can't believe that such domestic violence still occurs. Maybe you could find a social worker to help you?

"Love, love is in the air, and I am breathing it all in."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy