The greatest power one may possess -- in any situation -- is simply not to care what happens. In fact, it's the only power, all others being a semblance and mockery of it. But you must also not care about possessing the power itself. - Thomas Ligotti
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

ALL the world's problems in one single word: - Page 2

User Thread
 73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ignorance is a tool used by the rich and powerful to control the masses.Most of the worlds population has been propagandized into believing things that are just not true. What country you were born in is irrelevant. We all have been victimized and there is nothing we can do except stick our heads in the sand and pretend we are free.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't like to go off topic... but I am not a victim. It is weak to allow oneself to be victimized. We're just as guilty as the "rich and powerful."

The sooner we stop feeling sorry for ourselves the sooner we'll get ourselves out of this mess.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't agree with scarcity. There certainly isn't a scarcity of arseholes in this world.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rainman05 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think stupidity is the main reason for why this world is in the shitter.

Not scarcity.

64yrs • M •
Wildling is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Self delusion. Because through it people are not even aware there is a problem

31yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that dirtxbaggg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Greed

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Government.

To govern is to control

How and why would a species need to be controlled.

Unless there's an hidden agenda

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 29yrs • F •
klairyu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Helpless

27yrs • M •
Color Troll is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Selfishness.
Abusing animals like extracting bear's gall bladder for their beliefs of beneficial uses, selling it and spreading that inhumane plus unscientific beliefs furthermore to other people for money.

33yrs • M •
mycalling062190 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I completely agree with ChriseD

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Firstly, I must say that this is not a discussion of 'the world's' problem. The world will continue the revolve around the sun with or without us. Perhaps with less diverse wildlife or plant life; perhaps with non biodegradable plastic and synthetic compounds; or perhaps with less suspended gaseous atmosphere or more radioactive material – but it would still go on. More correctly, are we not discussing 'what is the problem with mankind'? Is the problem even singular? How could one word define multiple problems?

What is our problem? Some do not have enough to eat? Some die before their time? Some repress the freedom of others? Unhappiness? Suffering? Pain? Death? All of these have diverse roots and require different solutions if any even exist.

Short answer: us.

ALL the world's problems in one single word: - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy