Good Judgment comes from Experience, and Experience comes from Bad Judgment! - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

'Loving my neighbour'

User Thread
 59yrs • M
George Calleja is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
'Loving my neighbour'
Who is my neighbour? Who is my neighbour I am to love?

Any person I meet during the day is my neighbour, and they are all deserved to be loved. God loves each and every person I meet during the day, but, do I love them?

The truth if I am really living the gospel depends amongst others if I love my neighbour. Yes, I can be hurt by my neighbour, but the test is, do I love them?

Forgiveness and reconciliation are important in my life if I really want to love my neighbour. Loving my neighbour helps me to be closer to God. Being closer to God helps me to live a life more in peace and in unity with the people I meet.

The fullness of my life depends a lot if I love my neighbour. So the next time you are with your neighbour, ask God to help you to love that person.

In Unity

49yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ill_llI is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am your neighbor. LOVE ME.

You can start by first washing my car.

"The birds have their nests in the trees and the foxes have their holes in the ground, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest His head."
 49yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Waterdrop is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You twist the notion, man. Loving your neighbour means support, help, understanding and sharing but not using him. I know some people abuse of kindness and good attitudes of other people. It's not love. You can not demand loving you. You can not be truly loved if you do not love. What about the harmony you've recently told about? Were you in bad mood yesterday? Are you able to say "sorry" to George Calleja?

49yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ill_llI is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are you George Calleja's keeper?

Dude, "love your neighbor" is a hoax, a delusion, a ruse.

Tell me something you did for your neighbor recently.

Go ahead, I dare everyone on this forum to write down something you did for you neighbor--not your family--without expecting something in return.
Told you. "Love your neighbor" is BS.

I don't love. I commit. Commitment is higher, more deep and more mature than love. Commitment doesn't let one down. Love breaks hearts.

Forget about love.

Aim for commitment and make a real difference in somebody's life.

"The birds have their nests in the trees and the foxes have their holes in the ground, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest His head."
 49yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Waterdrop is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, I am George Calleja's neighbour, distant neighbour. So, I did yesterday to him.

Call it then your personal hoax and delusion. It is not universal. I do not expect anything in
return even here. The notion of "loving" is much more profound than you depict. A certain commitment (help, understanding, sharing, etc.) is just a part of it. It's not that you run with your tongue out and tell everyone you meet: "Can I help you? I'm making a commitment. Can you help me?" Naturally, we help on the way. Small loves, small commitments - as small and great as we can at the moment. It doesn't happen every day. You didn't explain what you commit. One can commit a crime, for instance. Is this a commitment we're talking about? Whom do you commit to? To yourself - to know that you are unique? To others - to know the same?

Love doesn't break hearts. Not that kind of love. How can you make a real difference in somebody's life if you can not make it in your own?

False commitments bring nothing. Committing the lies pollute the minds. Therefore people hate people. Don't find faults with my words. I didn't mean to hurt you and your self-pride. Don't accept it if you can't. Don't love - keep on deceiving yourself. I'm not persuading you.

59yrs • M
George Calleja is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It is good to be committed in today's society. The person receiving the action of the commitment will be more glad that a commitment is received out of Love

Love is the ultimate scope of a person, in every moment we are to Love.

Every action of our lives makes a difference if it is made out of Love or not.

We can argue about this topic, and that is OK, if it is done out of Love, not to hurt eachothers feelings, but to help eachother to learn and to receive more of God's Love.

Love makes a difference in life, and real Love is a 'To Love until it hurts'......difficult to understand....but who really Loves know the spiritual reality of it.

In Peace and Unity

[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 73yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Decapolis is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think respect your neighbor would be a more apropos sentiment.

Every time I mow my lawn I mow my 72 year old neighbors lawn because she is not capable and for me it's the right thing to do.

'Loving my neighbour'
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy