Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A sexist view?

User Thread
 31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sammy K is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A sexist view?
quote:
You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that CooJaye is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Maybe it depends on how someone looks at it..

How I look at it is from the perspective of the person that loves the woman. I love the woman (and with love comes, admire, respect, friendship, etc all combined) and because of all those things, I find her very beautiful because her personality and her looks makes her unique to me and she holds a special place in my heart.

How some others might interpret this is, that because she is loved she feels more beautiful and emits beauty from, a beauty that comes from being loved (I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense. It makes sense in my head). Or it can be seen as a woman with a partner who loves her makes her more desirable to other people.

I've never liked that quote. I don't know why. I suppose I wouldn't want my husband to be attracted to me just because of all the stuff we have been through together and just because of my personality. I want to actually be attractive. And also, I don't want others to be attracted to me just because they know that someone else is. Never liked it. Never thought about it this much either.

A sexist view?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy