Just because we're licked a hundered years before we start is no reason not to try - Ambition
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Nietzsche's Illness and Death

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
I don't know too much in-depth about Friedrich Nietzsche' work and primarily learnt about him through popular culture and brief readings here and there.

After being in touch with the Friedrich Nietzsche Society recently, my interest was peaked and I started reading more about Nietzsche and his life.

Reading details about Nietzsche's illness and the years preceding his death garners sympathy – it seems the man suffered a lot. And like many individuals who have lived, created, and passed away without experiencing the booming of their work unto the outside world, Nietzsche didn't really witness the success and acknowledgement of his work whilst he was a sane. He wrote most of his acclaimed works whilst coping with physical illness and then after his mental collapse at the age of 45 he was essentially deemed an invalid and needed to be nursed for the next 12 years before he died. He also suffered two strokes in the two years preceding his death.

There's just something heart wrenching about an intelligent mind being incapacitated.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy