Though I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80,000ft and climbing! - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

University - Is it necessary?

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
Xandy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have been studying most of my adult life. As soon as I graduated high school I went to university and proceeded to complete my degree, then worked as a TA for some time and completed my post grad.

Even though I no longer go to university i find that I naturally read books and browse things online. I find a satisfaction in learning all that I can and it makes me think about all the time I spent in university and whether or not it was a necessary thing to do.

I find that when I am free-learning as I do every day I learn a lot more and it seems to sink in. It is also more enjoyable. Is structured learning necessary? Or should people be able to absorb what they want, when they want?

43yrs • M •
Xandy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have learned much in my time in university. I just wonder if it can be improved in some manner to be used in real world situations or if the infrastructure is too slow to do that.

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In today's complex world another Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison or Henry Ford-all whom did not attend university--is very unlikely.

Universities are here to stay.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy