Define freedom; but how is that possible when we as human beings have never experienced it? - zerokool
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Kid Learns about Banks

User Thread
 57yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that WolfLarsen is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A Kid Learns about Banks
A Kid Learns about Banks
a short story by Wolf Larsen

Once upon a time a kid named Johnny helped his father around the house painting walls and other things like that. Johnny learned some useful things, and even better yet his father gave him a little money for his work!

His father asked Johnny, "What are you going to do with all that money?"
Johnny responded, "I don't know."
His father said, "Why don't you have fun with some of the money, and put the rest of it in a savings account at the bank?"

Johnny thought about it a moment. Having fun sounded good! And putting the rest of it in the bank sounded good too! Putting money in the bank seemed really neat, like something all grown up and whatnot.

So the kid and his father went to the bank. They sat down at a desk together with a man in a suit & tie. There were a bunch of forms. His father had to sign some papers. The little kid had to sign some papers too. And then the little kid handed over his money to the man in the suit & tie.

The kid then forgot about the money in the bank for a while. He was busy going to school, studying, playing baseball, etc.

Then one day a friend got a new bicycle for his birthday.
"What are you going to do with the old bicycle?" asked Johnny.
The other kid didn't know.
Johnny said, "Why don't you sell it to me? I've got money in the bank!"
And both kids thought this was a great idea.

So Johnny went to the bank to withdraw some of his money to buy the bicycle. At the bank the teller told him there was no more money in his savings account, and in fact the teller informed Johnny that he owed the bank money!

"But how could that be?" asked Johnny. "I deposited my money and I never took anything out! In fact, I thought I was supposed to get interest!"
The lady informed Johnny about something called bank fees. And that since he had less than $10,000 in his savings account the bank automatically deducted fees every month.
Johnny was confused as the bank teller explained to Johnny that he owed the bank money.

Copyright 2012 by Wolf Larsen

A Kid Learns about Banks
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy