And though the rules of the road have been lodged, It's only people's games that you got to dodge. And it's alright, Ma, I can make it. - Bob Dylan
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Keeping Up Appearances

User Thread
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Keeping Up Appearances
Some people consider me to be funny.
I often try my best to keep up a blockade of humour to hide my real feelings.
But the pretence is wearing on me, if no-one else.
Should I tell someone how I really feel or carry on under a facade?
I don't want to worry anyone but i feel so horrible all the time. Should I keep living under false pretences?

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 33yrs • M •
hopelessfuck21 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Wow this is exactly how I feel sometimes...everyone loves me because I'm funny and I'm pretty great person, but underneath it all I have a fucked up life!!! I got help because I was tired of feeling like shit!!! Even if u don't get help let ur feelings out here...it's anonymous and to tell u the truth I don't know u but I can relate to what u wrote and as long as you don't let it overtake ur life then ur good because when u let it get to u that's when shit gets worse, but I bet u feel better that u at least let the whole world know ur unhappy...like I said even if u did it anonymously it still helps!!! Good Luck with things!!

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thank you. it hasn't taken over my life but i feel horrible pretending to be another person.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Humanbean is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People say I'm the life of the party 'Cause I tell a joke or two Although I might be laughing loud and hearty Deep inside I'm blue

So take a good look at my face You'll see my smile looks out of place If you look closer, it's easy to trace The tracks of my tears

I need you, need you

Since you left me if you see me with another girl Seeming like I'm having fun Although she may be cute, she's just a substitute Because you're the permanent one

So take a good look at my face You'll see my smile looks out of place Yeah, look a little bit closer and it's easy to trace The tracks of my tears

I need you, need you

Outside I'm masquerading Inside my hope is fading Just a clown ooh yeah since you put me down My smile is my make up I wear since my break up with you

Baby take a good look at my face You'll see my smile looks out of place Yeah just look closer, it's easy to trace The tracks of my tears baby, baby baby baby

Take a good look at my face Yeah you'll see my smile looks out of place Look little bit closer, it's easy to trace

the tracks of my tears.

lyrics, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

Keeping Up Appearances
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy