The best definition of man is: a being that goes on two legs and is ungrateful. - Fyodor Dostoyevsy
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

U.S. Military has the right to detain Citizens

User Thread
 37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So last week they voted and passed a law saying that the military can detain U.S. citizens without due process.

I wonder if the occupiers feel safe.

One of the questions on re enlistment forms supposedly is WOULD YOU SHOOT A CITIZEN IF ORDERED

That's pretty scary.

First off if there is ever an emergency where the military is needed to police the country they have this thing called MARTIAL LAW.

Now if there is something already in place in case of emergencies why would they need to be able to detain citizens? The only time it would be necessary is if there were a catastrophic emergency and there is already something in place to enable that so It can't be because of emergencies.

So why the need?

It can't possibly be because of national security.
It has to be for a reason that arises in peacetime.

The patriot act was bad enough.

There are also FEMA camps all over the country.

This is all adding up to something rather terrible I think. WITHOUT DUE PROCESS.

Now the question is who do they want to detain and force in these camps? <The last time people were forced into camps the jews were burnt alive by the millions>

It could be the occupier crowd or the tea party crowd. Maybe both.

It very well could be your side that is going to be detained and persecuted.

Everything is now in place to detain a large portion of the population.

All that's left is a paradigm shift to either the extreme left or extreme right. Which ever shift in society occurs you can be sure the other side is going to be attacked.

In Nazi Germany 99% of Germans "publicly" condemned the Jews. I say publicly because most were so scared of being labled a sympathizer they spoke out against them to cover their own asses whether they believed in what they were saying or not.

In the Early 30's there was a massive paradigm shift in Germany. That shift led to the socially acceptable behavior of rounding up and ultimately killing Jews.

I hope we can come together and fight the real enemy instead of each other before it's too late.

If we allow this to happen America really will be the monster everyone likes to pretend it is.

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/senators-demand-military-lock
-american-citizens-battlefield-they-define-being

It is for this reason and this reason alone we have the second amendment. The second amendment was written so no government could ever take over our country and citizens again. < At the time it was fear of the British taking over our government and citizens>.

P.S. I don't "think" this will happen or that we should be ready to go into battle. I don't think as it stands right now the military would consent to detaining citizens. But that's why I said watch out for a paradigm shift in our society. After that everything is in place to create the next tragic chapter in human existence.

"334jui8"
 77yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that katsung47 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First they massacred Branch Davidian in Waco Siege,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Davidian.

Then they created OKC bombing, tried to get a Patriot act,
and I didn't speak out because I didn't want to offend the Feds.

Then they created 911 attack to get the Patriot Act and war,
and I didn't speak out because I am not a muslim.

Now they come for US citizens with military Authorization Act,
and I didn't speak out because I am not a terrorist.

Then when they prison you as a terrorist,
and there is no law to protect you because you have given up all your civil rights already.

77yrs • M
Montanans Launch Recall of Senators Who Approved NDAA Military Detention.

Merry Christmas, US Senateby Ralph LopezFollow .
.Sun Dec 25, 2011 at 01:33 PM PST.
UPDATE 12/26/2011:

This is from a statement from Stewart Rhodes of Oathkeepers regarding Republican Denny Rehberg as a target of recall, who also voted for NDAA.

Here in Montana, while we will go after all three violators of the Bill of Rights, I will place special emphasis and "focus of effort" on Denny Rehberg, since he is so fond of wrapping himself in the flag and claiming to be defending the Constitution while his votes do the exact opposite. In that sense, Rehberg is much like John McCain and Lindsey Graham, two Republicans who, right along with Carl Levin and Joseph Lieberman, are leading a sustained and relentless assault on our Bill of Rights.
Moving quickly on Christmas Day after the US Senate voted 86 - 14 to pass the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 (NDAA) which allows for the indefinite military detention of American citizens without charge or trial, Montanans have announced the launch of recall campaigns against Senators Max Baucus and Jonathan Tester, who voted for the bill.

Montana is one of nine states with provisions that say that the right of recall extends to recalling members of its federal congressional delegation, pursuant to Montana Code 2-16-603, on the grounds of physical or mental lack of fitness, incompetence, violation of oath of office, official misconduct, or conviction of certain felony offenses.

(I'm not allowed to post url, you have to google for the original article)

77yrs • M
700. National Defense Authorization Act (1/2/2012)

The Gift of New Year 2012 President Obama gives Americans is a new law that ripped their civil right – NDAA.
1. It is a stealth raid on people.

The Act was proposed in later November, quickly passed by the Senate and the House during the Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas season. It was signed by President on New Year's Day Eve. It was a typical military style - a stealth attack on civil rights taking the advantage when people were relaxing their vigilance in holiday season.

2. So said mainstream media kept a tight mouth on this important issue. Blind the eyes of a lot of people.

3. Majority of law makers and the President passed the Act. It proves the 'politicians' don't represent the voice of the people. It also proves the election system has been hijacked by the intelligence already. The so said representatives are not elected by the voters but selected by the rulers of this country.

4. Beware the Feds to turn the US into a 'battle field' so they could eliminate the dissenters. It's easy for them to do so – just plant a few provocateurs in Occupy Wall Street Movement.

5. War on Iran is their major goal. With great possibility, there will be false flag nuclear attacks on US cities to justify the Iran war. Most people realize the truth of the 911 attack. This law is created to deal with the people who won't believe this government anymore when such 'terror attack' happens again.

77yrs • M
NDAA Nullification Passes Virginia Senate by a Veto-Proof 39-1 Vote
Posted by Michael Boldin

Today, the Virginia Senate took a firm stand in support of liberty, the Constitution for the United States, and the Constitution of Virginia by voting in favor of House Bill 1160 (HB1160), the 'NDAA Nullification Act.'

The final vote was 39-1.

After a motion to recommit (delay until next year) went down to the wire before being rejected yesterday (report here), groups across the political spectrum activated in support of the legislation, which codifies in law that no agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia – including defense forces and national guard troops, will comply with or assist the federal government in any way under it's newly claimed powers to arrest and detain without due process.

/2012/02/28/ndaa-nullification-passes-virginia-senate-by-a-veto-proof-3
9-1-vote/

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy