If I ever acquire wisdom i suppose i shall be wise enough to know what to do with it. - Laurence Darrell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Cave paintings

User Thread
 62yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cave paintings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3WYSaxO_Tk

8000-12000 BC

I just don't see prehistoric man as "knuckle draggers" with no brains!

"To love oneself is to love others."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I've seen every single one of those in the formal education class you mocked and then recieveda one hour lecture on them from a guy whos been studying them for about 15 years now.

They would go out in the wild, get fucked up, hallucinate, turn the holucination into a spiritual expereince, and often times express that experience through art, crude art.

They would typically starve themselves and forgoe sleep for a few days. And thats about as complicated as their expression got.

What you've shown here is that humans have an annate desire to express themselves with art. You have not shown that they lookend in the sky and "concluded" that a creator made everything.

Taking the leap from crude cave paintings to religious knowledge is pretty big, and to ignore this must mean that you are choosing to blind yourself from it.

And I didn't say they had no brians. In fact, I said that they had the same brains as us, just different environments. Guess you didn't listen to tat either. Or did you just not read it?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 62yrs • M
Please keep this discussion to the blind faith thread and don't contaminate this one. Thanks, I appreciate it.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So, when you said that you just dont think that they were knuckle draggers, what and who exactly were you referencing? Because you were referencing something.

It was obviously the faith thread and you obviously posted this in defense of what you said in the faith thread. IT is also obvious to me that you are attempting to use how I asked you to keep the faith thread on topic against me. It is alos clear to me that ignored that my last post had only to do with those painting and how I felt about what you said about them. It is also clear to me that you have no intention what so ever of discussing anything at all, and that you only desire to masturbate on these forums.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 62yrs • M
Thanks Decius. I haven't figured out how to do that yet!

62yrs • M
quote:
So, when you said that you just dont think that they were knuckle draggers, what and who exactly were you referencing? Because you were referencing something.

Actually, when I was reflecting on our discussion I realized the term "cavemen" you had used never came up that much in other studies concerning human history that I have done. So I did a quick read on a few sites to find out why and found an underline consensus that "caveman" or "cavemen" are purposely to be avoided being used. Upon further inquiry I discovered the reason why. Most scholars in the field of study disagree with the stereotyped image the media has projected of prehistoric man for decades. You know, the club, small brain, the grunting and even the over sized eyebrows and things. That is what I was referencing.

When you infer to a discussion and even ask a direct question asking if I read something on that thread; that is not keeping to just these paintings and my expressed feelings about them. I simply realized I was in agreement with the consensus I found.

Now I'm human and of course I realized there was a good chance you would see this post but why should I hold something back that I wanted to share with people just because you MIGHT read more into it then there was? I'm done answering to your accusations. You believe what you will but I do not wish you ill will.

I thought it would be cool to get other peoples opinions on the media image vs. the consensus.

Cave paintings
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy