Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. - Pouky
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I'm sick of government

User Thread
 62yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sick of government
Really, think about it for a minute.

Government tells us what we can eat, drink, watch, what we should see in the news, what shoes to wear at work, what the doctor can prescribe for you, if you can hunt, own a gun or weaponry that you can use to defend yourself, they snoop into your medical history to decide whether you can do a job that you do, they tell you what light bulbs you can have, how much water your toilet can flush, seatbelts...on and on and on.

Does anybody seriously believe we need government to do that? Think of the money it cost just to oversee all these crap agencies that are only designed to strengthen government and weaken the individual.

Do we need government to protect an insect at all cost while they're completely indifferent to the hardships of their own citizenry?

Counting income tax, fees, other special taxes on what ever they decide to demonize, regulatory fees, registration fees, fines for not knowing of fees, government rakes in well over 50% of all personal income and for what? To keep us so dependent on our jobs that we haven't the time and energy to reverse what's been done. Government and corporate entities work together to give us the illusion of freedom when infact most people are stuck where they are. Mainly because they are stripped of most of their disposable income before they ever see it!

How do we fix it????????? Can one man like Ron Paul really stop this self destructive monster our government has become?

Sorry, just had to vent. Still, any ideas?

"To love oneself is to love others."
 42yrs • F •
I'm pretty cynical but there's still a part of me that wants to believe it can be done. And yeah, if that possibility exists I think it only exists with Ron Paul.

US people need to be more informed about him and more informed about the fact that they can't rely on the mainstream media anymore. They have to actively, make a decision to funnel their personal frustration from their individual lives into research for themselves - don't wait for the political band wagon to visit your town. Spend your weekends with your bums glued in front of the internet instead of tv or whatever else it is that people do.

Watch Shawshank and get a little inspired about hope - if you believe in the possibility, don't let that possibility pass away. And Ron Paul isn't getting any younger.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 62yrs • M
Yeah, it's possible. I was upset the other day. Had to deal with bureaucratic nonsense that wasted my time while failing to accomplish even the stated goal of the bureaucracy in the first place.

Here's the deal. I think Herman Cain and Ron Paul make the most sense. I would like them to team up. They would be unbeatable and have the potential to create an unstoppable groundswell of grass roots support that would steamroll the incumbent. But more importantly, that groundswell would end the apathetic complacency that dominates the populace.

62yrs • M
Oh and Decius, you're right, I was happy Perry got raped, along with Romney and Rick Santorum. Plasic phonies full of empty cliches.

37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well remember the Big Bailouts? Well that was our chance to let the 1% fall and instead we bailed them out so they could continue their stranglehold on us all.

Glenn Beck said just let them fail so a better and more capable company could take their place.

Beck was right. That was our chance to let ALL the major banks crumble. People were scared and gave in. We shoulda toughed it out and let them fall to pieces. They couldn't compete in the free market. The market spoke and they should have dissolved. Instead big government intervened and bailed them out.

"334jui8"
I'm sick of government
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy