For those of you who are first timers to the site, by 'new' we don't mean newly
launched - Captain Cynic has been alive and running for 10 years. No - by new
we mean Captain Cynic now has undergone a massive upgrade in it's design and
structure, with many newly added features for our users to utilize.
Captain Cynic has been revamped!
But the changes are more than just skin deep. Policies have been changed and
new structures governing the operation of the site are now in place.
Which is why I am directing your express attention to our Captain
Cynic Guides Section
There you will find all vital information that pertains to the new Policies
and Terms that Captain Cynic now operates on. There are new guidelines that
must be read by all users before continuing to use the site.
As you read through all the Guides you will quickly gain an understanding of
all the new exciting and dynamic aspects Captain Cynic has added to it's already
captivating environment. Captain Cynic is rapidly moving in a way that only
an organic and non-generic discussion site can - and that's what makes this
place so unique. We want all users to feel positivity when they come here so
that we can all enjoy interacting amidst the variety of stimulus that exists
here on Captain Cynic.
Now before wrapping up this announcement, some quick things to be aware of:
- Certain threads have been removed. Threads that violate the current terms
are being permanently closed and you will no longer be able to access them.
- There is now have a specific contact form for contacting Captain Cynic Administration
via email. On the bottom navigation box there is a 'Contact Us' link that will
take you to the contact form should you need to contact CC Admin.
- Captain Cynic's search box has been upgraded and now you can immerse with
searching for topics you find interesting.
- Captain Cynic now has its very own spell checker! Users can check and correct spelling errors before publishing posts!
- You can now add comments to user submitted quotes. Checkout the 'Quotes' section through link on the top navigation menu. To comment on a quote click on the 'Reply' button that corresponds to the quote.
If you experience any technical issues whilst using the site, contact us either
through the Administrative Contact Forum or the email contact form. Testing
has been performed, so problems are unlikely but if anything arises it will
be taken care of as soon as possible. Also, if you have any questions, contact
us - though keep in mind that we may have our hands full with emails from other
users so if it is not a tech related query, you may not get a response straight