You must empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water (Bruce Lee) - Ambition
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Purpose of existence?

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Purpose of existence?
have you ever wondered what the purpose is? i have been an atheist for a while now and i became so because i had a few questions i asked. now if you believe in god, why the fuck did he make you? i ask this because he is obsolete and he has all the knowledge and therefore he doesn't need to make us and it is only a waste of energy therefore he doesn't exist for me. and if you are an atheist as i am you have to ask what is the purpose of the existence of the universe as the nothing before it is obsolete and doesn't need a universe in it!!!

so i ask WTF? i know no one knows this but if a few minds think together we might come to a conclusion, because normal we only think about this on our own and no one knows another answers nor questions.

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 62yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's just it. Atheism has no purpose. But we do. We are an expression of Gods love. He is in the process of creating a perfect society in which the material world we now experience is but a step in the creation process. Of course love is predicated on freewill and can only be reciprocated voluntarily. So by their own choice atheists are left out of that perfect society forever, having no purpose for existence.

"To love oneself is to love others."
 62yrs • M
Quote:"By amplify I mean singularly or collectively use our ability to think, process, and feel passion, and use this to literally break the barriers of our material existence."

Decius,

In reading your response I sensed along with your usual logical reasoning that you also feel as though that "material barrier" hasn't as of yet been broken. Is that true or am I wrong in my assumption?

You seem as if you're content to wait for a natural solution for a spiritual dilemma. To me "the mind" is the essence of spirituality as it can take us far beyond that of the limitations of our physical brains. The question is do we dare search for truth if we can't control the out come?

62yrs • M
I agree, we are experiencing a process of transition in this existence. And I understand why folks get tired of the ways of religion. What I can't wrap my brain around is why intelligent people either believe we're on our own or simply believe we fade into non existence upon physical death with all the evidence contrary?

62yrs • M
I think the Jew , Nazi duality was about money, power and ego, like all wars and atrocities. It's not something we can "evolve" out of. It is a spiritual disease that has infected us all. The mere fact we all must actively resist temptation from within is a symptom of the disease.

29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow now this really became something!!!

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 62yrs • M
Quote: "Hence, non-religious people who dogmatically say there is no god continue the cycle - grasping at an illogical concept with strength to oppose another oppressive illogical concept, only to later become the oppressor themselves."

Decius,

Your sentiment above peaks my interest, can you elaborate?
As for the cause behind wars/ Jews and Nazis I think we have to agree to disagree. Unfortunately people very rarely admit they just like purpetrating evil on others. LOL have a good weekend.

62yrs • M
You're right, Cristianity does teach the existence of evil. But not like what I think you're saying. It's more like a desire within the depths of our minds than an entity from beyond. And my point is indeed that it exist in all our hearts. No confusion from my end. I see what you're saying but I am still convinced your description of the duality of Jews and Nazis is correct to a certain degree but at the heart of the matter was the presence of evil pride. As in the desire to be the master/chosen race with all the perks and temporal rewards of this present age. As I said before, the fact that you and I must constantly (daily, weekly, ect.) resist temptation is evidence of what I am saying. What I was confused with was whether or not you were agreeing that evil exist in the heart or only if such thoughts were acted upon.

62yrs • M
Forgive my ignorance. I have no education in the psychological sciences so I didn't recognize the examples when you presented them. No wonder you saw my slight frustration as confusion. That reference that you thought was an expression of confusion on my part was just an expression of my lack of understanding why they would hold such an illogical opinion when atheist types usually rely on logic as you had alluded. I was mainly agreeing with your reasoning on the illogical aspect of atheism. Sorry I didn't articulate that to well, would have saved a lot of typing.

But now that you came out and said it's more complicated then just labeling it evil, what makes it more complicated then that? An entire field of studies devoted to it? I mean 10 years ago therapy was what everyone needed, now it's drugs to alter the chemicals inside the brain. It seems to me it's is an ever increasingly lucrative business to keep it "complicated." just saying, psychological science isn't immune to biases either, don't you think?

[  Edited by manbible at   ]
Purpose of existence?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy