Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is time infinate

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is time infinate
Is time infinate?
Perhaps it's just the restraints of my minds imagination but I cannot perceive the possibility that time will eventually end.. The only logical explination I have cone up with is that when time does end is in fact where time starts and time is caught in a vicious cycle playing out every possibility and is stuck on repeat.

Have we lived this life infinate amounts of time?

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 36yrs • M
But perhaps life is the purpose... Well for us anyway...
Perhaps the pupose for the universe is to compleat every possible possibility.
But I guess we must first find out what the universe has on it's exteria...

Have you read lisi theory on the shape of the universe (e8 shape) ?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time is supposedly not linear. Linear time according to most quantum and theoretical physics posits that linear time is a human experience in three dimensional space.

This has been further advanced by remote veiwing examples where targets were viewed forward and backwards in time.

Another interesting practical experiment lent to this as well. The random number generators that are affected by human intention were pre recorded, had the intentions made after the recording, but the results still manifested suggesting linear time had no restraint. Fyi, these peer reviewed tests are more substantial and verified than this brief example can display. It makes for interesting research.

Whether it is infinite or not depends likely on whether the universe or existance is.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M
Decius- lisi basically has proposed that the universe is the shape of the E8 check pictures on google images (but they are only a 2d version of a 8d object)

iron- I'm goin to look more into your points but I don't see how any experiment could proove that time isn't linear as any experiments are part of these current probiblities and man has yet to invent a time machine to see if there would be any changes if certain aspects where different, even then the changes could well be what was supposed to happen in the first place meaning time is linear and there is nothing we can do as time has allready written what will happen... If that made sence.

I don't quite understand your point on how remote veiwing is proof or how somebody who practises RV can proove this either please elaberate

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are great accounts that go into great detail of the highly strict scientific protocols followed to produce those claims.

Random number generators have random numbers streams which fall into a category of acceptable parameters of what is considered normal. Generally a binary system. If the one's or zero's occur in certain strings of abnormal patterns it can be registered as an even beyond normal random patterns.

Through rigorous years of experiments they were able to measure intended "psychic" influence on the patterns to show affects by human intention.

There were experiments where the data stream was recorded ahead of time, then the intention made, and it still came up the results of intended influence, even though the data stream was recorded in the past. Again, the protocols account for variance and other influences and are tried and true scientific experiments.

The remote viewing example falls under the same degree of rigor. The militaries most successful remote viewers often accidentally described remotely viewed locations with buildings that didn't exist, untill upon further investigation it was found that they were decribing in detail buildings or structures that used to exist. Again, the protocols account for what the viewer knows of the location and variables of this nature. But they were seeing into the past, I haven't heard of them seeing into the future off hand, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

And remote viewing has been vetted as a fact and used by most governments. But other experiences while remote viewing aren't as well distributed, because even the rv'ers blew off some strange events, or kept them at bay while trying to focus on the mission. Including interactions with other entities etc.

On the linear time issue, this isn't my claim, and its not one I can digest very easily, that is of non linear time.

But you have to understand that physics interpreting a potentially infinite existance is going to get tricky.

But there is a posited concept that all time exists at once, at all times, our experiencing this moment in this vibrational density and tuned into this specific physical reality influenced by our physical sensing doesn't necessarily mean that when we are experiencing the next, perhaps even in a dream state, that it isn't part of the infinite whole and just another version of the same ultimate moment in all time.

This is confusing speak I am quite aware, but I recommend looking into the physicists and others who are putting this information out there. Because it isn't my strong suit.

You are obviously thinking from a perspective of unchangeable physical reality which simply isn't where the science goes anymore. Regardless of how many seeming laws it breaks.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Is time infinate
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy