"The secret source of humour itself is not joy, but sorrow. There is no humour in heaven" - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's the purpose of life?...

User Thread
 32yrs • F •
TheLuckyCupcake is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
... if we never know when our lives can end or go the way we wanted to go or tried? (just curious)

""I dont have one""
 32yrs • F •
TheLuckyCupcake is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
True but it doesn't feel like that to me for some reason... even though I do like somethings that bring happiness to me.

""I dont have one""
 45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am going to go ahead and write like I mean it, more or less, on this one.

A man without purpose is no man at all, but an empty husk waiting for meaning to fall in his otherwise eager and fallow lap.
To imagine that there is a one size fits all meaning to life is entirely naive, to say the least. In this we can see that the meaning of life is exactly the meaning one derives from their life, and the purpose they lend themselves to.
Thus an OBGYN who truly loves their job would be inclined to tell you that the meaning of life is to help bring life into the world, since that is the meaning they garner from their purpose.
For me, the meaning of life is to be of good service to my fellow human being. This is because my purpose at present is very much based on serving others.

You my friend, it appears to me like you need a purpose. The circus is out of town, and the crusades have ended. Thus I would recommend heading down to your local soup kitchen, or finding a mystery to unravel.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The purpose of life is to die.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 29yrs • M •
Orion is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Not long ago the same question bothered me. I couldn't deal with the idea that point of our life is nothing. Just to live our life.
Few days after this question i tried for the first time the magic mushrooms (I don't know whats your opinion but if you are against it try to think about what i'll say without thinking about it if you are ok with it then no problem)
So while i was on the trip i had the time of my life i went in nature out of civilization and in some point i realized i'm happy for living the life and that's it. I also realized that it is pointless to think about the purpose of our lives if you are not happy with yours. So first thing first if you are not happy with your life fix it. And then you'll realize that it doesn't matter if you know your purpose or not. because you are enjoying the life you have no matter why you live it. And by the way trust my when i say 90% of people that say that they are happy with their lives are not as they could be.

41yrs • M •
superfag123 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
to make people smile more.
seeing that reasons for being miserable are endless and that life is pointless.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that parallelist is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To survive and make babies who are in turn capable of surviving?

The whole reason we collaborate, have industry, and live in houses seems to be geared around those fundamental purposes.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy