You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it - The Clash
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emotional Training Through Singing

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I take a breath and pull the air in 'til there's nothing left
I'm feeling green like teenage lovers between the sheets

Ba ba ba ba ...

Knuckles clenched to white as the landing gear retract for flight
My head's a balloon inflating with the altitude

Ba ba ba ba...

I watch the patchwork farms' slow fade into the ocean's arms
And from here they can't see me stare
The stale taste of recycled air
I watch the patchwork farms' slow fade into the ocean's arms
Calm down, release your cares
The stale taste of recycled air

Here's a little information about singing technique that not a lot of people who aren't musicians know. Take the note A. If the note is sang currently it is called "on pitch." If the note is slightly too low, the note is called "flat." When ever the pitch is slightly too high, its called "sharp."

Singing sharp happens when you get nervous because you throat muscles slightly tighten, causing the air flow to be slightly more constricted, causing the pitch to go up, slightly.

When I left my house I felt great. The lyrics above are lyrics to the song I just posted in my music thread. I've been singing it since earlier when Decius' thread was in full swing. Singing the song brings peace into my heart, I calm down, release my cares and relax. Which I need to do in order to not sing sharp. I am also emotionally attached to the song and when singing I try my best to express those emotions.

While I sit in this heavily populated cafe, my sociopathic nervousness keeps kicking in, causes me to sing sharp. Plus, there's people all around me and they can probably hear me, even though I'm trying to sing quietly. As I sing and I open up and get rid of my nervousness I feel, warm, clean, love, trust, security, freedom. It makes me feel great. When ever I get to a note that's difficult for me, I get nervous and sing flat. Normally I wouldn't be able to tell I was getting nervous, BUT, I get sharp so its easy for me to humble myself and admit it.

So what I can do is train myself not to feel nervous, train myself to remain free and loving, by forcing myself into the emotional place I need to be in order to sing on pitch.

If you want to try this, this is how you can do it.

Just focus on the ba ba ba part of the song. Listen to the song, let it flow through you and while its playing sing the ba ba ba with him. If you don't have a trained ear for pitch, this is how you can tell if you're singing it right. Your voice sends out sound waves that vibrate in the air. The music is doing the same thing. When ever the vibrations from your voice match the vibrations of his voice you can literally feel a resonance in your throat, as well as hear it in the air. Make sure that you relax your throat and sing quietly if you have to.

So after you learn how to sing the ba ba ba's jump on captain cynic and open up a thread that makes you feel something negative and notice how you throat will slightly tighten. Sing the song and get yourself on pitch and then feel the emotions that were making you get sharp. Keep your emotions in check and stay on pitch and you will, if it works the same way for you, literally feel a comfort enter your body and you can face those negative emotions, get rid of them, and have a much more positive out look.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
[  Edited by awakendwraith at   ]
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy