Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Proving God Existence

User Thread
 51yrs • M •
Islam is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Proving God Existence
I'm doing a research in theology about Proving God Existence
I think that I came to something and close to be finalized
I'll be pleased to discuss it with you here

I would like you to answer:

Can anyone prove/disprove God?
If there is a proof; would you accept this God?

30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 7amood11 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah there is proof, just read this link, it'll explain how the Quran mentioned things that weren't scientifically discovered more than 1000 years later:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Scientific-Evidence-of-the-Existence-of-God

51yrs • M •
Islam is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This is good but also the Bible, Torah and other books have some sort of those things.

I'm aiming for a logical proof that does not depend on any religion!

Then religions that conform to the proved God are true others are false by default

43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Karmapolisa is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that it depends on what you are calling God. I think we are all God (Universal Mind, Somethingness, whatever you want to call it)....if we can prove our own existence then sure....our own existence however is already proven.....you are alive...you can think..you witness yourself thinking. there is no way you can prove that anyone else exists but you know that you exist.. therefore god exists. You are the proof.....its hard to see the proof when the proof is in fact you.

"If I had your physiology, your prior experiences, your family, your body, your life, Id be doing exactly what you are doing."
 51yrs • M •
The proof is not me or you
It can be proven by the same way we prove any scientific fact

A proof is a sequence of statements where each one depends on the previous one

So there are 2 points here:
1- The first fact/axiom that we all agree on
2- The sequence that leads from that fact to (God)

If these 2 points exist then God is proven

43yrs • F •
Ok I get what youre saying but I guess My thought is that you have to define what you are trying to prove before you can prove it. Which God? a Christian God? A Universal God? Just a higher being in general?

"If I had your physiology, your prior experiences, your family, your body, your life, Id be doing exactly what you are doing."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kratos is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if your gonna try and find something to prove gods existence maybe you should start with the soul, whatever your definition of it may be

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 51yrs • M •
I researched this matter for about 2 years

I asked my self (As a Muslim) Why God can not be proven by logic only
All people raised on some religion or faith think that their faith is correct while the others are false

A universal logical proof must exist to guide any person to God.

A proof is based on some facts then drive a conclusion from that facts

But there are almost no such universal fact
Except ........................
The logical fact that contradictions can not co exist (Paradox)

Which means that opposites co-existing is impossible
because this rule does not depend on science or observation it depends on our definition of two mutual exclusive events/attributes

for example something can not exist and not exist at the same time

If a proof is based on this rule it can not be refuted

43yrs • F •
"A universal logical proof must exist to guide any person to God"
If this is true, then faith would be unnecessary. Isnt the point in having blindfaith not to need proof to believe? I mean if you believe in something after its been proven its kind of a moot point. It would be like claiming your faith in gravity.

43yrs • F •
Are you referring to nonduality? Nonduality is very dificult to wrap the mind around. Its fascinating but I dont think the human brain is truly capable of grasping it because they would have nothing to associate it to. I've read so many books talking about nonduality and I'm convinced that we arent supposed to get it. We can't see things in a nonlinear perspecive and there is no way for the human mind to understand things like "nothing" and "infinity" and "nonlinear" and "causality". blah! Like the fact that there is really no such thing as darkness.....there is the absence of light which we call darkness but darkness is not really something.....its nothing. so really there is only light and no light and since no light doesnt really exist (it doenst exist because its not there .....there is only light. We can experience the absence of light because we are in the time/space continuum and our other senses are still experiencing stuff....even if you were deaf, blind, couldnt smell or taste, what would your experience be like? Ive just confused myself and have no idea where I was going with that. This is usually what happens....

51yrs • M •
I mean Complementarity not duality
Which is very close but the idea is that as you said

Nothing means the nonexistence of something
A thing can not exist and not exist at the same time

or in other words, if something X is described with an attribute and its complementary at the same time, this X does/can not exist

Nobody can argue this because it depends on his own definition of the attribute and its opposite

58yrs • F •
mjamison is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe the God of the universe is called different names by different cultures, but is the same everywhere. I can only say that to prove God exists is completely up to the individual's experience & most experiemces cannot be proven or disproven, but in my opinion the only logical answer for proof is to take a look around. Is there anyway the human brain (as complex as it is) could have just evolved? I don't think so & scientists cannot prove how it would have evolved anymore than I can prove God exists... Good Luck!!!

51yrs • M •
This is a proof for the existence of God

As this proof is by Perfect induction it does not leave any doubt for any other options

Assuming that we measure time by seconds
We can have 2 sets of Events:
Set 1: EVENTS separated from now by a finite number of seconds
Set 2: EVENTS separated from now by an infinite number of seconds

We have only these options;
considering the 3 possible states for each set (1. Finite, 2. Infinite, 3. Does not exist)

1. Set 1 does not exist
False, as it contradicts with the ability to measure (time/second) which is wrong

2. Set 1 is infinite
False, as it contradicts with the definition that Set 1 has only events separated by finite number of seconds

3. Set 1 is finite & Set 2 Exists
False: it means that Set 1 has a last point where next points are away from us by an infinite time, but as the next point is separated by an extra 1 second, that point does not exist

4. Set 1 is finite & Set 2 does not exist
The only true and possible answer

The conclusion is our world is finite and was created

GOD is just another name for the creator

then to prove the necessity for a creator

Creation is the event of change in the universe state S1=0 Then S2=1

The state of object A at time T A(T)=A(T+t)
Taking the limit as t goes to zero, A(T1)=A(T2)

I.e. time passing does not change any thing as it is just a conceptual frame of reference
to change the state; you need to add another parameter (i.e. a separate cause)
A(T1,P)<>A(T2)

This parameter is the creator

In other words, any real thing can have 3 types:
1- Static (does not change)
2- Continuous changing (i.e. chain of causes and effects), which is proved to be impossible to have infinite states, it must had a beginning
3- Changed in state due to an external causer

58yrs • F •
mjamison is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Since you believe, Islam, that there is a God or Creator (whichever some may call this Being); tell me, what do you believe happens after death? Do you believe in a judgement? What happens to those who have not believed? Are there separate places (heaven or hell?) or separate jobs (tasks) that they are assigned by the Creator? Just curious on your thoughts on this?

58yrs • F •
Oops, forgot something!!! You see I believe in God (as I call the Creator) and grew up in a Christian household (Church of Christ), later converted to Charasmatic Christian, and now continually searching for Truth believe that God is creative enough to reach anyone and will use different means to do just that. For us to limit Him to just one way would contradict Love and He is Love... I use the term He simply because to use the word it would make me feel as though I couldn't relate to Him, but all in all I believe God is Spirit & both male & female. I believe when we finally grasp a tiny bit of understanding God that we will finally lose the ideas that our way is the only way & begin to accept other avenues to Him as well. When this happens, you have lost religion & gained Spirituality...

Proving God Existence
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy