Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Imagine a world without religion. - Page 2

User Thread
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 7amood11 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, as a Muslim, I can tell you, that there is not a single verse in Quran that promotes people to kill others, it's prohibited...

I don't know much about other religions so I cant speak for them.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kratos is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whats your opinion on jihad? i hope i spelled that right

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thank you for bringing that up, Kratos.

"jihad is the only form of warfare permissible under Islamic law, and may consist in wars against unbelievers, apostates, rebels, highway robbers and dissenters renouncing the authority of Islam." ~ Wikipedia

In most beliefes and faiths(that i can think of), killing in the name of God(Allah, etc...) is allowed. And even in modern laws, killing for self-presevation is allowed.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 30yrs • M •
Yeah it's spelled right Kratos...

@Oblivion: So do you mean that any non-Muslim person should be killed? That is WRONG.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kratos is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So anyone in contradiction with the authority of islam can be subjected to a holy war, is that pretty much it in a nutshell ?

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 30yrs • M •
No, that's what a lot of non-Muslims think....

I've got plenty of good friends who are non-Muslim and will probably never become Muslim, do I want to wage a war against them? No.

Try bringing me a verse from the Quran that says we should kill anybody against Islam, you won't find any.

You know that guy who wanted to burn the Quran in memory of those who died in 9/11? He's probably one of the biggest anti-Muslim there is out there. People despise him for being such a jerk, both Muslims and non-Muslims, but nobody touched a single hair on his head, because Muslims don't kill those opposed to Islam.

31yrs • M •
V.K. is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I agree Muslims don't kill those opposed to Islam but extremists do.

Religion is meant to teach love and forgiveness people forget this.

A world without religion could be better or worse we'll never know but I don't have to believe is someone or thing greater than myself to get through the day.

30yrs • M •
Extremists are looking for a reason to kill, they found religion as the best excuse, so they did it.

As soon as extremists get the intention to kill, they are no longer practicing religion...

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Oblivion: So do you mean that any non-Muslim person should be killed? That is WRONG.

I would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. I never said that. I was explaining Jihad as it relates to what you said.

quote:
So anyone in contradiction with the authority of islam can be subjected to a holy war, is that pretty much it in a nutshell?

That is how it appears, although i dont know how many people that practice that religion actually believe that way.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 30yrs • M •
Sorry, didn't mean it like that...

But really, if anybody thinks Muslims should kill everybody against Islam, the whole world would be engaged in a massive war right now.

Imagine a world without religion. - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy