Life is like a tree, you never know if you are going to get any rain. - bob rulz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Prejudice

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Prejudice
Is prejudice ok in some instances? Most people off the top of their head would say no, but I want to really question the idea. Is it ok to "Pre" judge something? Or should we always look into the things we don't know about something before judging it?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Prejudice as a stereo type meant to protect survival is understandable, not all snakes are poisonous, but many are, fearing snakes is reasonable.

Social prejudice also has its place, blacks fearing the white man is reasonable, whites fearing the black man is reasonable.

Letting that fear morph into hate and anger, irrational fear rather than rational fear is where the distinction can be made.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let me ask more plainly.

If I disappoint someone in one way or another, and that person goes through the pain of forgiveness multiple times to re-approach me, at what level is it ok to shut the individual out, due to past experience. When does the prejudice go from fear to irrational fear?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 42yrs • F •
vivalaevolution is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that some people honestly just need to pick their battles and get on with their lives depending on the situation. Some things are just not worth holding a grudge no matter how many times you are disappointed. I know that it's hard not to just dismiss someone after they hurt you and it's fair to say you might be protecting yourself. So it's better for you to not be so emotionally bound to a grudge or feelings of negativity because that's only hurting you. Most of the time people grow apart because of these differences anyway so it's not usually necessary to purposefully cut someone out of your life. There are times however when you have to but that's usually under extreme circumstances (danger to you or themselves).

"Sometimes you gotta say so what?"
Prejudice
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy