Your body is a whole, all of its parts connected. Your body wants health. Every choice you make has a profound impact on how you live, feel, age. Only a true understanding and appreciation of your body will enable you to live long and live healthy. - Andrew Weil, M.D.
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Musical Nostalgia

User Thread
 35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Musical Nostalgia
Whenever I hear certain songs, they never fail to send me right back to the moment where it first became a part of my life.

I first heard this song when I was 4 years old. I remember my older sister and mother had just come back from the movies. I went up to the gate to see them and my sister showed me a cassette tape that they'd bought, which was the cassette soundtrack to the movie "My Girl" (which was the movie they had just seen). She went inside and proped the cassette player up on the window sill and inserted the tape to play, while I was outside in the backyard. The window faced toward the backyard.

So I remember the first time I heard this song, I was standing outside and it was a really sunny day. My mother was hanging washing and I had a badminton racket in my hands, as well as that badminton...ball thing, and I was trying to figure out how to "serve" it over the washing line. Of course, I was way too little. Everytime I hear this song, it reminds me of that time.

I love this song.
This video appears to have been removed

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This song transports me to my childhood. Specifically during Christmas vacation at my grandparents house. It also brings me to tears sometimes.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F
Can you remember any specific or detailed memories about what you were doing when you think you first heard the song? Any kind of detailed memories that stand out more than others that you usually instantly recall upon hearing it?

35yrs • F
I used to watch Ferngully a lot when I was little, it was one of my very favourites. And I love the scene that this song comes into. I love this song too =D

43yrs • M •
Xandy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
None of those songs trigger nostalgia for me but this song definitely reminds of me of high school

Musical Nostalgia
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy