Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Feelings

User Thread
 25yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that desmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Feelings
What are they and why do we have them? And instead of having different thoughts and different brains, why didn't God didn't make our thoughts the same?

"Come on, let's be friends. (relates to pic)"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good question Desmo.

Y'know, I'd like to say that I am very proud of you, as a stranger. You are asking very good questions for your age, and I'd lke to tell you that as long as you continue to ask good questions like this you will be a very happy person.

Feelings are reactions to surroundings. Its like cause and effect. Something happens, so something else happens. You see a dead body, you get a feeling. A naked girl, you get a feeling. Those feelings are there to communicate to you a thought that has no word.

Think about how thoughts happen. First there is a feeling, then there is a word connected to that feeling. Language is a construct of society. We are not born with it, but we are born with feelings.

So those feelings are there to tell you something. They are an interpretation of what is going on in your surroundings.

I can not answer your question about why God did not make our thoughts the same, because I believe it is a bad question.

I will explain to you the difference between a good question, your first question, and a bad question, your second one.

Your first question was rooted from curiosity, and came soley from your mind, as an attempt to know the truth.

Very good job..

In your second question, you are assuming a premise of knowledge to be already true, a common mistake, instead of being entirely modest.

You may have some trouble understanding that. Let me tell you what a better way to ask the same question would be.

( Btw, I'm not picking on you or anything, I'm just trying to help you in the future. Your question was just find for answering what you want to know, but in the future you would do better to NOT assume anything when looking for the truth. )

A better way to ask the same question would be, " Why isn't everyone's thoughts the same?"

This leaves out assumed knowledge and creates a broader, more fair, range of answers to answer your question.

If you put God in the mix, you put predestination, fate, Godly plans, and a whole mess of others things in the mix that will only lead to more confusing questions. If you leave God out of the mix it becomes much more simple and the question can be answered much more thoroughly.

To answer this question I will refer to the first answer, because the questions themselves are linked, therefor the answers will be as well.

Our thoughts are not made. Our thoughts happen as a reaction, as I have answered. What we react to is our environment and our surroundings. This includes people, books, words and any other sensations you can think of. Therefor it is a logical conclusion to say that our thoughts are all different because our environments are all different.

Tap into your imagination and think of how different everyone elses life must be than yours. Me for example. I am a 21 year old who has a fiance, and is going to college. My life must be very different than your life. My location on the planet alone changes my environment, and therefor my thoughts.

If you are trying to understand someones thoughts not your own, start by trying to understand where they came from, their environment.

I hope this helps.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
Feelings
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy