Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emotions vs Logic - Page 2

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that we should be keep our emotions and logic and let computers make logical choices for us to prevent massive mistakes like we make when we involve emotion into decisions.

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry, we flawed humans program them and they inherit our imperfections. Soon emotion will be included in that, and they will resent us.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good call, I believe that to be the case or something very similar as well, a sense, another avenue of perceiving and experiencing and indeed calculating reality for interpretation.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 49yrs • M •
Katrina123 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Logically, it shouldn't be a problem if you know the relationship was not fulfilling. For a year, I struggled with JR. From week two of our dating, there were periods of awesomeness and weirdness. I never knew when these phases would wax and wane. I spent most of the time feeling the blocks and distance between us come and go.

37yrs • M •
humanityunbound is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Emotion is chaos, logic is order. Two sides of the same coin, they are always in conflict. However, when properly balanced upon the edge of a razor, the operate in harmony as one. Emotion is power and strength, logic harnesses, focuses, and directs emotion to do great and mighty works.

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Emotions are like the spice of life. A dish without spice is bland. Just the same, I would not eat a meal of only spices.

44yrs • M •
JosephTowell is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think Emotions and Logic are two side of same coins. We have control on logic but not on emotions. One cannot understand logic without emotions

81yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pljames is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Emotions can be logic if one understand why we have them. Stress is the enemy of our emotions.

[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 70yrs • M •
Is not stress a set of emotions? How is it the enemy of emotions? Can emotions have enemies?

Please clarify this for me.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
stress is good, it's telling you need to do something change something, letting yourself feel it and identify what is pushing you is a good thing. Stress can be good, what isn't good is inhibiting behaviors like not cleaning or reading that book or doing that task, your reptilian brain telling you that it doesn't want to do something.

what is the real problem is when you logically shut yourself down or trauma shuts you down and you run into apathy and that empty hollow sadness, then your in survival mode and can't develop much as a person, that or it hardens you against the world, it can also kill you.

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 81yrs • M •
thx1137,
If one believes one emotions then it's your fault. You are what you think.Paul

39yrs • F •
particiaborsage is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Being logical and being emotional are two different stories not related. One can be logical and emotional both and that's what is desired in a human being.

70yrs • M •
Pljames, I did not use 'belief ' anywhere in my statements. I also do not hold that I am what I think. I am no more my thoughts than the clouds are the sky.

81yrs • M •
thx1137,
OK then disregard. pljames

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
@ decius nail on the head, emotions is how our subconsous mind tries to communicate with us.

Proffeser chomsky espouses the black box theory, the iidea that all humans have an inate falcuty to create and use language, we are the first species to do so. The first that can really analyze logic and reason but we see and understand the world through our own words which is only so descriptive.

String the right combination of words together and you can elicit an emotion from a beutiful idea, memory or a trauma that you may have experienced, there are just some things that cannot be properly described and explained, our words to describe our emotions are inadequate but we can deduce what they are tryng to tell us by paying attention.

Your subconsoius is like a big child that wants what it wants, it is your inner child essence, thats why jacker jones had the conflict with his girlfriend. We are able to reason with the sub consoius by analyzing the emotions and answering them in kind.

Decius this is where I think you and I differ a little bit, I think that they do represent all the possible thoughts we could ever possibly have about a topic, since we can only access the present thoughts and the fact that we only really actively use 10% of our brains sort of speaks to this.

The emotion to me represents all possibilities of conclusions you could come to, as violent and romantic as your being so emotions are sort of irrational, the thoughts of the consious mind rightly sort them out.

Without emotion you lose passion for life and though you may walk around claiming objectivity just know that pure objectivity is truely impossible. The idea of seperating yourself from your thoughts and emotions, for me, comes from buddhism. The dhamas that talk about letting go of all earthly things and not caring for or having anystake in the world, to see everything as it is and not judge it but accept it is a beautiful thing that creates a clear very real picture of reality and cuts through illusion like a knife.

the problem with this is that the point of enlightenment is to avoid reincarnation into the world which is the real hell, thats why people want to avoid emotions, avoid being hurt, care for nothing and nothing can hurt you, but it creates a void in your life.

choose to feel and choose humanity otherwise you will lose your compassion and your empathy

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
Emotions vs Logic - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy