Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Modern Romace Of Learning

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most people, including myself, most of the time, when they hear a song that makes them happy they think, "that song makes me happy." And after it gets old they stop listening to it. Lately, I've been having a strong to desire to change for the better, which means learning new things that will help me change for the better.

Just to be clear, I am a happy person, and I think I am a good person. I like who I am. I just know there's always room for improvement, and I've been living this current life for a few months now and think its time for a change.

So I've been listening to this song a lot lately. I've been studying it a lot. But not in a typical, learn the words learn the beat learn the guitar. I've been studying the emotion and psychology of the song, because for some reason it makes me really happy. I know a little about music so its not just the how the melody travels, I would have been able to come to that conclusion already.

I'm trying to integrate what I have learned there into my life. Because if its making me happy its making me happy for a reason.

When I sat down to listen to it and learn from it this time, I thought about all the things I've been doing and saying lately that will help me change. Then a very curious feeling came to me, a feeling of Romance. Why would learning and changing bring about a sense of romance?

Perhaps its because my first real change came in high school, where i learned things about the world and had romances, so its kinda like muscle memory. But maybe its just the truth. Maybe learning and changing, and happiness is a real sense of romance for me. If so, it makes the process even more fun. : )

Anyone else ever feel that way?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can't say I have felt that way before... But it could be possible that your mind is making it almost into a pattern.

In high school you were changing, and then romances came. Now you are trying to change again in the same learning kind of way so your mind may think "This has happened before, I know what coming next, it's romance!" So you think 'romance' and you get that sense.

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy