when i feel lost i remind myself that i live in an ignorant place. i'm supposed to be lost... - spankster501
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Swine flu 1 million dead and counting

User Thread
 37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh wait no...no it hasn't let's see it's being called a PANDEMIC OMFG!

Here is the definition of pandemic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic

heres how many swine flu deaths so far 10,000 deaths
http://www.flucount.org/

Heres how many deaths of seasonal flu. 20,000 deaths per year
http://www.unitedjustice.com/death-statistics.html

There are the facts. You decide. There are side affects of the immunization which include possible death. They are giving kids in schools shots for NO REASON. It's in no way a pandemic.

Those statistics are also lies because the doctors put down a friend of mine for having swine flu when they went in for a strep throat. So obviously they are just calling anything that even comes close to similar symptoms of swine flu. Anyone remember the bird flu scare? Are people really so dumb they fall for the same scare tactic nonsense over and over again? You're acting like children the get scared from peek a boo or the jack in the box.

"334jui8"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Swine flu is a scam.

It is however debatable in certain contexts as to whether it is childish to see it as a threat. Given that "official" and "trusted" sources that people rely on are indeed the sources of information on the subject.

The fact that these sources are SECRETLY manipulated is a factor that must be readily addressed before name calling.

People want the truth, even if it sucks, mostly... They just don't want to be wrong. Given the sophistication of manipulation, propaganda, missinformation, dissinformation at play, peoples' lacking grasp of reality is hardly indefensible.

Without honest inspiration towards truth, loud and proud, in as visible of a posistion as possible, how are they ever truly supposed to receive an objective or properly dissenting point of view from which to base logical comparison?

Trust me, I had hoped captain cynic was enough, but its not.

And before just judging and condemning the masses you must understand why they are stupified.

The blame is only partially that of the masses. It really falls on the masses giving up their powers to seek truth and those who would manipulate that advantage.

As soon as you find yourself saying "I'll let someone else figure things out" or "defend me from life's dangers" then you can expect those who would abuse you to have the power to do so.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy