Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What does our existence in life mean? - Page 2

User Thread
 62yrs • M •
sedan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Just came on this forum and thread. My take on the exsistance of life, and the reason the humans are so bent on destruction is that we are the only creatures who are capable of creating intelligable languages, and since our minds are so powerful, greed has settled in our minds. Look at dogs, they are greedy, territorial and fight with all, they rove about in packs, and are very selfish, even towards their own offspring. Yet there are unable to communicate in a fashion that involves reasoning and verbal communication. I'm not saying we are little better or little more intelligent that dogs, but simply using them as an example, most other animals have a similar action instinct. Our vast amount of intelligent reason allows us to do the greatest good....or the greatest evil.
It will take those of us who are Philosophers to help enlighten people, and once we as a whole, Philosophers I mean, leave off with this de-humanizing philosophical garbage that states we are little more than brute animals, and make a real thrust towards an ethical philosophy based on a serious consideration for humans as a special creature above the animal kingdom (it's illegal to mistreat a dog, but legal for a teenager to get an abortion without parental knowledge let alone consent) then and only then will the mass of humanity learn we are better than dogs and whales, and promote genuine ethical rights t o all of the worlds creatures.

"Get out of my sunlight!"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Hedgehog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"the reason the humans are so bent on destruction is that we are the only creatures who are capable of creating intelligable languages, and since our minds are so powerful, greed has settled in our minds."

"Our vast amount of intelligent reason allows us to do the greatest good....or the greatest evil. "

agreed

If our minds are so intelligent, shouldn't we be able to reason and make good choices? We have more responsibility than an animal does. They do what they do because they are simply trying to survive. Humans are past living simply to survive. That is why it should be up to us to make good decisions, but should people be forced to make good decisions? Is slavery worth responsibility?

25yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that desmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
About the book Hedgehog, it's too amazing too explain. Plus, it's long. Why don't you read it yourself? It's called the Forever Code I think.

"Come on, let's be friends. (relates to pic)"
 25yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that desmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What do you mean by is slavery worth responsibility? And humans cannot be forced to make good decisions, in theory. We have the power to make our own decisions.

"Come on, let's be friends. (relates to pic)"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Hedgehog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is having the intelligence and responsibility to make the good decisions worth being forced to make the good decisions for the good of the world?

I agree, people do have the ability to make their own choices, but think of all of the things that you do because other people make you do them. I'm sure you know that going to school is a good thing to do, but just as an example, someone else makes you go to school everyday. When its dark outside, public places like parks close and you can't go to them. Everyone has to pay taxes, even if they don't support what those taxes are paying for.

I know there are good reasons for these rules, but if human kind decided that there were good enough reasons for making people always make good choices, they could try to make rules that force people to make good choices.

Obviously that will never happen, I just wanted to know if anyone thought it would be worth it, if human kind took on the responsibility of always making good choices, becoming pretty much a slave in doing so, in order to change human kind's destructive nature.

What does our existence in life mean? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy