Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The iPad

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The iPad
There is absolutely nothing innovative about it. I think Steve Jobs purposefully named it this because he knew how unremarkable it was.

"iPads are for 8th graders. I'm waiting for the iTampon, because I prefer to do all my interneting from inside my vagina."

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I came home from classes this morning and my roommates were gnawing over this new piece of Apple ware.

So I read a review and viewed a couple video's of the iPad. The iPad seemed to me like it was just a slower tablet however, my roommates were absolutely fascinated by it and when I asked them how it was different from a tablet they said essentially that because it was Apple it would run smoother. Which I guess Pc interfaces do take longer to get used to but they seem more efficient in the end so I don't think I could ever justify buying this product.

I think apple products go big for two reasons. 1) because they take technology that is already being used (proven to have usefulness), make it look flashy and sell it to people who place great value on aesthetics and 2) because apple embodies the monkey with cymbals attitude that a large portion of America runs on.

In my opinion if Apple released red devils and called them the iRazors, Apple would make cutting yourself cooler then Slipknot and My Chemical Romance could have ever dreamed of.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
The iPad
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy