Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Can law and justice be maintained without religion - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I understand what religion is, and know that the majority of most religions content is generally extremely advanced theology on the working of human emotion and thought.

I also understand that all that Religion is, is an observation of those things that are already in us, add a little pacifism some hope, a promise or two and boom, you've got religion.

The important part of what I am saying is that religion is only an advanced observation of what humans already are. Therefor religion is entirely unnecessary when it comes to general law and order.

If religion is an observation.

"truth they built around"

Thats what that means

If religion is an observation of something in humans, than humans have the good parts of religion already in them. Therefor law and order survive with out it.

Just to let you know, the "terrible" things that "religion" has done do not deter me and are not the reason for my atheism. As far as I am concerned, Men did those things, not religion.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • F •
cosmi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think you may want to look at the word "theology" in your statement "...extremely advanced theology...".

""We can't change what we don't acknowledge." Dr. Phil"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you should think more on my ideas and less on my words.

You're arguing text and its irritating. You said nothing to me, all you did was create a puzzle. I'm not interested in your puzzles. This is suppose to be a discussion, not a masturbation session.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How many people use religion as there purpose in life? How many christians and jews live to go to heaven? They use God as their purpose in life, take it away and what do they have? Nothing to believe in. How many Muslims use their Gods as the reason to live? Take them away and they have nothing to believe in. It only takes one spark to cause a fire.

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 29yrs • M •
odinstree is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Conflicts based on religion are bloody, and those religions that are at conflict can hold grudges for generations, making order difficult.
1 instance where religions lived peacefully was Cordoba, Spain, which Christians, Moors, and Jews lived together peacefully (correct me if i'm wrong)

"When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money. ~ Cree Prophecy"
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is it not empathy that is the source of all morality, and hence laws? If you do not want to live in a world where people take away what is yours, then don't steal. This comes from the realization that there is no real 'us and them.' There is only 'us.' We decide, in aggregate, what world we make. Religion is superfluous.

Can law and justice be maintained without religion - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy