Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Up

User Thread
 35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Up
The Disney Pixar production about a man on a quest to finish the dream that he and his wife had shared as children - to visit Paradise Falls.

So, that's the movie I'm talking about.

I have mixed feelings about this movie.
Was it just me, or did the whole villainous explorer scenario kinda just jump out of nowhere and not make much sense? I mean it's like they just threw it in for a bit of action, but to me it really just didn't flow into the heart of the story very well at all.

So I think half the movie sorta went down the toilet when they introduced the villain and the talking dogs, but I really enjoyed the emotional development of Carl, and the whole montage thing at the start of his and Ellie's relationship. They could have done a bit more with Russel in terms of HIS emotional development and attatchment to Carl, since to me it's obvious he comes from a broken family and doesn't have a good relationship with his father.

45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I absolutely loved this movie. I cried, in a manly way of course, at several junctures in this film. All of the characters were well drawn, and none so intensely that the main character, or his plight were overshadowed. My one complaint is that while the exterior scenes were gorgeous, almost all of the interior scenes were outright dowdy, if not blatantly unremarkable.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that VirtualVampire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Vigil I agree with you about the stereo typical good guy vs bad guy scenario they threw for filler, but keep in mind it is a kids movie as well and so to make things enjoyable and exciting for kids, Disney will throw in these elements.

"I do mind being human...for now."
Up
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy