Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are you bored by life?

User Thread
 31yrs • M •
WiII is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Are you bored by life?
Now when you read the title dont think about suicide, because this isn't that kind of a question. Just wanna ask you people, if life to you dosent seem boring? Cuz I mean you go to school, you go to university, you practicly sacrifise your youth just to gain a piece of paper that is gonna make sure you sacrifise the other side of your life while working a job that you want (or not). Is this life? Just learn, work and live? I mean am not asking for something like in the movies where everything blows up for no good reason and aliens come and atack us destroyng half of the population while we try to protect earth ok that was a bit off but come on, to do this is just not satisfing. If I try to change something with my life, that means I'll have to sacrifise my school work and that will be bad, cuz without high degrees you wont succed anywere... Sooo... Damn life is boring. Could be awsome if everything would start blowing up and aliens would come and atack us well for me that is

"I am my own legend...."
 35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Is this life? Just learn, work and live? I mean am not asking for something like in the movies where everything blows up for no good reason and aliens come and atack us destroyng half of the population while we try to protect earth ok that was a bit off but come on, to do this is just not satisfing.

What do you find really interesting and enjoy doing?

Because I think if you can answer that question, you will realize that life isn't boring at all, and that you can aim to fill your life with things that interest you and satisfy you.

quote:
If I try to change something with my life, that means I'll have to sacrifise my school work and that will be bad, cuz without high degrees you wont succed anywere... Sooo... Damn life is boring.

You know, it was drummed into my head when I was in high school that if I didn't go to University and get a degree, I would never be successful. But the success they were talking about, was having lots of money. And if you think that this is what success is, you should definitley try to re-evaluate your understanding of it.

(Edit) / To me, success isn't about having lots of money, it's about finding satisfaction and happiness through the things that you accomplish, the things that you enjoy doing.

When you find a job that you love to do, or really enjoy doing, that is a success. You'll find that if you've found something you love and you are able to do it, money probably won't matter half as much as it might seem to now. You mightn't have the best suits and afford the most expensive jewels in the world, but as long as you have enough to get by, you'll be fine. \

Even people with University degrees are not gauranteed the jobs they might want. There are so many people studying the same degree, more than ever, which means half of them are likely to have a very hard time trying to put their degree to any use.

This is because in school, they tell us all exactly the same thing. Degree= Success = Money = Happiness. And they don't bother to actually uncover in us what we are individually and naturally capable of, and find interesting.
Instead, they force us into trying to be capable at all of the things they think are important, so you end up learning more about functions in math, even when you might loathe the subject and find it incredibly boring. And you know, finding it boring is totally okay. That subject just isn't for you.

So, tell me about something (or some things) that interest you and that you enjoy doing, or would want to learn more about. Maybe you even have a particular dream of doing or being something one day but just don't think it's possible?

Tell me if you have any talents that you think you would want to build on or put to use, but you don't think it's realistic because you don't think it will make you "successful".

& lol, I agree with the whole aliens thing. I'd love to see an alien invasion, if only to finally see proof that aliens exist! Awesome. even though we all might possibly die.

44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that CheeChee is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not bored by life. If all you have on your mind is school and work, that's no life. Go to Central Africa of something and join the revolution, think outside the box you know.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To answer the question no. Nothing is more important than friends, women and money! Without it life is boring, with it, it is awesome.

I also take the time to enjoy little things. Such as my morning coffee and the morning news. I like to play hockey for the fresh air and exercise. I enjoy sunshine! mostly because where I live there isn't much. The little things are important too!

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 29yrs • F •
Alexxaa is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I always thought like that,, life is boringg. Especially for those in school facing the prospect of a life in somthing like education or a dead end job.
I always wanted to feel free, i think this is more about finding yourself and who you want to be rather than explosions.
I have known for a long time i don't want the cliche life most of my friends aspire. I want a fun pact advernture. I want to travel, see the world, join the army,, do everything once.
It just depends what makes you happy,, if you are the type of person who is content with a job out of school and family then you wont be bored. But if like me you do want excitment do something that you will enjoy.
There is no point going through life doing somthing you don't enjoy just because it is expected of you. In this day and age there are more options for young people than ever, and luckily there is less opression from society. less pressure to be a perfect citizen. It's more acceptable to go your own way in life.

31yrs • F •
coldfire is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I sort of feel that life is boring, or at least the life that I'm currently living is boring. I don't get any satisfaction from what I'm doing. Like vigil said, people say that a degree=happiness, but that's just not it. Getting a job for the sake of getting a job and having money is boring, but what you can do with the money is not. I only want a job to buy the things that I want to do, like canvas for painting or a book or something. If you're happy in what you're doing, it's not boring. If you're doing it simply because someone told you to, they said it was the way to live, then it probably will be.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life does get more and more boring over time since many things become predictable and a repetition (hence why I avoid many social activities).

Like Vigil pointed out, you need to invest in what interests you to make life better. The ironic part is that when life seems boring, nothing seems worth investing in. This is where you may need to do soul-searching. Find something that excites you. If it excites you, it interests you. If you can't find it, wait for it.

What helped me get through my degree was knowing that having a degree would make certain things easier than not having a degree, such as job opportunities and respect.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Are you bored by life?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy