Life is good once you know how to master the enigma, which is known as the Internet. - pepeje2k1
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Daydream Adventure Club - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Coraline by Neil Gaiman

quote:
For a moment she felt utterly dislocated. She did not know where she was; she was not entirely sure who she was. It is astonishing how much of what we are can be tied to the beds we wake up in in the morning, and it is astonishing how fragile that can be.

Sometimes Coraline would forget who she was while she was daydreaming that she was exploring the Arctic, or the Amazon rain forest, or Darkest Africa, and it was not until someone tapped her on the shoulder or said her name that Coraline would come back from a million miles away with a start, and all in a fraction of a second have to remember who she was, and what her name was, and that she was even there at all.

Drew this yesterday while listening to Sigur Ros's "Takk..." album.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OMG, I feel the same way when I listen to Sigur Ros. Its like the music lifts you up physically and carries you away someplace into the clouds.

There is uplifting music, and then there is... Sigur Ros.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 35yrs • F
I find that whole album very uplifting indeed, definitely some of the most amazing music I have ever heard. It definitely helps the creative process, amplifies emotions and frees your mind in a sense. Great music does that, I think.

I love how they use their voices like instruments without the need to make words every time they sing. Hopelandic, I think they called it. What a beautiful non-language.

35yrs • F
quote:
In the early universe, gravity took hold of atoms and sculpted them into stars and galaxies. In the era described in this chapter, we will see how, by a sort of social gravity, cities and states were scultped from scattered communities of farmers. As farming populations gathered in larger and denser communities, interactions between different groups increased and the social pressure rose until, in a striking parallel with star formation, new structures suddenly appeared, together with a new level of complexity. Like stars, cities and states reorganize and energize the smaller objects within their gravitational field.

~ Maps of Time: An Introduction to Big History By David Christian

I love that book.

(I think because it has the words stars and galaxies in it) While I was reading, this particular paragraph brought back memories of my older sister and I, sneaking outside on a warm summer night in a weakly planned attempt at trying to sleep under the stars. We loved stargazing, and the thought of being able to fall asleep under all of that large, glittering expanse, seemed magical to us. We'd never been camping and had come to the realization that our parents would never take us (& they never did). So through some exchanged whispers in the living room that night, before we went to bed, we devised a plan where we'd sneak out that night with our sleeping bags and pillows and lay at the side of our house, in the soft grass. Doing just this, we made the discovery that our parents are light sleepers, and after only a few minutes, we'd been scolded and ordered back into our own boring beds. It was incredibly disappointing.

35yrs • F
A sculpture, if you will =]

My property manager came to do a house inspection today and they only gave me an hours notice and I wasn't going to take this down for the sake of 5 minute inspection. Property mananger was very amused, but did give me a very weird look.

35yrs • F
I am thinking that I would love to take a ride in a hot air balloon one day. And I wish there were two of me, because I'd like to be on the ground and in the basket, taking pictures from both angles. If it were safe, I'd like there to be fairy lights wrapped around the basket (not too many) and even though I can't see how that would work, I would like that anyway. The ride would have to take place a bit before sunset and last until the end of twilight, because that's when all the pretty lights are out on the ground and in the sky.

This is a webcam picture I took a couple of hours ago. I blew up some balloons and at first I was just going to make a balloon dude, but then I didn't know how I wanted to draw his face, so he doesn't have a face yet. He's kind of creepy right now actually.
So I blew up some more balloons & made this picture instead. It's taken with the webcam on my laptop and it hasn't been edited. I like using really simple cameras with very limited settings (big fan of polaroid cameras), because it makes you think more about what kind of picture you can take, how you can make it work etc. I find there's a certain kind of freedom with them, different from SLR/DSLR cameras, and a they're a lot of fun because the results you get can be surprising. I was admittedly surprised at this picture because I didn't know when I set the settings, exactly how it would turn out (I lowered the brightness level on the webcam setting, upped the contrast and set it to slow shutter). And it's just nice to have that surprise and spontaneously creative element in photography. It's so much fun.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Hedgehog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

35yrs • F
I see cheeeeese!

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Hedgehog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol yeah

35yrs • F
Dancing in a wild land,
under a cover of groves,
we dreamed of fierce coyotes
and watched pheasants in the dawn.
Dancing under heaven's rows
with clothes fit for Kings and Queens,
we were able once, and free
to break this tragic conditioning...

I'm going home
To the strange haunt of an old dream
and I am bringing
all my friends, my asylum family,
I'm going home
to the strange nature of an old dream
Of make believe.

~ Oh Sky by Coal Beautiere

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
awesome poem.

whenever you are daydreaming, how much does it feel like you are there? how tapped into your imagination do you actually get?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F
I think it depends.

When I daydream sitting at my desk for instance, it is like a film playing out in my head and I am there as an observer. I tend to daydream in stops and starts, because of the detail that I like to go into, so it does not flow like an actual film unitl I have thought about all of the details of each moment. From then on, it's like watching television, you know you're not physically there, but you can imagine to some degree, how that sun would feel on your back and the breeze on your face. It's like inbetween observing and feeling/experiencing. And it's like half of you exists in that daydream and half of you still exists inside your head, thinking of the ideas. I hope that makes sense.

When I daydream whilst doing something that can become a part of the daydream, like laying out under the stars or looking out of a plane window, it becomes more physical and I get to a much deeper sense of actually being there. For instance, the space thing that I wrote here, can become quite real for me when I am laying out under the stars and tilting my head back. It's such an amazing feeling.

35yrs • F
quote:
We are constantly tethered to some saftey line. There is always a lantern, or a map, or a screen, or a cell phone. These things guarantee that whatever experience we're having is just an attempt at connecting to something foreign and old. That it's not real, no matter how real it looks. We've sketched out a new world over the old, and they are in two seperate universes. The old is lost despite the remnants of it we see everyday. If properly prepared, one could live entire decades indoors. In a world of their own creation.

Sometimes I'll stay indoors for days at a time, talking to no one and doing nothing of value. Once I go outside after a long stretch like that, it still feels fake, like some slide in front of my eyes. At a certain point, I'll have to tell myself 'This is actually real and I am actually here, that dog or building or mountain range in the distance is a real thing inhabiting the same space that I am' I think that must be a very modern sensation, that of having to convince oneself of reality. What a weird feeling.

~Thomas Jefferson from Fleet Foxes. Taken from the inside cover of 'Sun Giant'.

Beeen making paper castles...still in progress.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For awhile I was feeling like that everyday. And occasionally I'll feel like that now, and usually when I have spent a long period of time in my room doing whatever.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 33yrs • M •
Callisto90 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I like to day dream that i am Wolverine.
I somehow get caught in a wormhole and vaulted back into 200BC and for days i am dazed and confused... believing i am dreaming.I am carted off to an arena as an opponent against a professional gladiator.

I walk into the arena and realize this could be real.
The opponent shows off his skills in an effort to intimidate me before the fight.

i chuckle.....
Then BAM i eject my adamntium claws like a beastly vain popping scene from X-men.
His jaw drops and i run at him screaming and raging like Hugh Jackman does.
I then slice and dice at him until he collapses to the floor. I retract my claws and turn to the silent yet fearful crowd.
I then yell " Are you not entertained!!!! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!! Is this not why you are here!!!"

I hurl my opponents sword at the elites watch stand and walk off.
What happens after that i don't care.

"Freedom is fabrication to your mind."
The Daydream Adventure Club - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy