Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is a forum for non-deists, atheists and agnostics necessary for equal consideration?

User Thread
 67yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Brother Bob is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is a forum for non-deists, atheists and agnostics necessary for equal consideration?
In the interest of equal consideration should agnostics or atheists have their own forum?
Their belief is not a religion, or would they not care or not believe the forum existed

I have not comunicated the proper intent so the post is changed formerly "Should atheists and agnostics have their own forum?"

"What keeps man far from God, also keeps man far from man."
[  Edited by Brother Bob at   ]
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya know, i find that offensive. What could possibly make you say something so ignorant? You might as well have walked up to a black man and called him a 'nigger' to his face.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 67yrs • M •
Sheesh, you're quick to take offense. The first part about equal consideration was dead serious. The second part was obviously said as tongue in cheek, did I need a "lol" or a smiley face or a winky face . Is there no humour in your world? Can't we rib each other or is atheism that serious? Do you think that I haven't received similar treatment? Lighten up! I have added a smiley face.

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Trust me, i can appriciate a good joke. You just came of as an uptight asshole(no offence) to me right off. So thats how i took the "joke".

In response to your original question, i dont think it would be necessary to have a completely seperate forum for two religions(yes,they are considered religions. Im not sure if "Their belief is not a religion" was apart of your joke). The Religion forum is for every and all religious posts.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lol! We need more humor in the world these days. Good to have you here Brother!

"The truth will set you on fire"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hell yeah atheists should have their own forum.
"So I point one back at 'em, but not the index or pinkie
Or the ring or the thumb, it's the one you put up
When you don't give a fuck, when you won't just put up
With the bullshit they pull, cause they full of shit too"

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It would be nice to discuss the roots of atheist beliefs and how we came to be. Though, i think it would be a difficult process, considering all athiest have entirely different belief systems.

A couple of threads come to mind.

Core Atheist Ideals

Atheist Praying

(Just to let you know jacker, my first post what like this "Fuck yeah, make one." But I thought that didn't really describe what I meant, so I edited it a little.)

Formulated Problem Solving In Atheist Ideals

It would be nice to not be challenged on somewhat trivial things, such as the nature of theist vs atheist.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 67yrs • M •
quote:
Trust me, i can appriciate a good joke. You just came of as an uptight asshole(no offence) to me right off. So thats how i took the "joke".

Why would I possibly take offense to you calling me an uptight A--hole

quote:
In response to your original question, i dont think it would be necessary to have a completely seperate forum for two religions(yes,they are considered religions. Im not sure if "Their belief is not a religion" was apart of your joke). The Religion forum is for every and all religious posts.

quotable quote

"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."
- Penn Jillette,
entertainer, atheist and pretty cool guy

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."
- Penn Jillette

lol

"The truth will set you on fire"
 67yrs • M •
quote:
The pursuit of truth is the pursuit of truth...

"The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives."
- Albert Einstein

'Beauty is truth, truth beauty'-that is all / Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know'. ...
-John Yeats

quote:
All humans have life experiences and the ability to both communicate and analyze these experiences.

Very wise observation, no two paths to truth are alike and everyone should have undeniable right to seek truth. My path to truth should not blind me to others seeking truth through different means. That is why I suggested an atheist forum their path to the truth is entirely in conflict with a God and religion, but is their (atheist and agnostics) path and choice, it deserves consideration.

quote:
There is no reason to segragate anyone due to a belief system if they are open minded and logical.

It is not segregation; it is a paradigm shift in philosophy and vastly different paths to truth. How can a theist understand an atheist or an atheist understand a theist. Both sides choose to impose their belief or disbelief on the other. Simply contradiction and point and counter point, no understanding constantly at odds. Perhaps this is desired by Decius to carry the torch of his namesake "Gaius Messius Quintus Decius" to suppress Christianity to impose a state religion to fashion his own form of public piety. Fittingly his 2 year reign as emperor ended in an act of treachery through an alliance of Gallus and the Goths.
Watch for treachery Decius!

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Typical theist statement, segregation.
Non-theists say let's be a melting pot, learn from one another. Theists only continue to segregate and isolate those that don't share your opinion. I will say Brother; your posts are a fire starter.
As for your quote in regards to Atheism being a religion, it's a way of life. Someone who works on his car and drives it as well would be considered a hobbyist right? He learns the lessons from others, incorporates it, upgrades and cleans his and drives better. This is the atheist way of life, you gather and learn lessons from others and incorporate it into yours.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Nevertheless, if logic and reason is used, everyone can communicate. According to me, the only reason one would create such a segregation would be to permit both parties to remain unchallenged in their spheres."

"I was born this way. I am a natural occurrence. Perhaps Religion is a natural occurrence as well. Perhaps we need each other to challange each other for the greater good."

Agreed. It would be a bad idea, I didn't really think about it, but a thread designed for all religions and theology is the perfect place for an atheist to discuss their ideas.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
Religion seems to be a natural occurrence in some way with humanity. Being that there are almost as many as languages around the world, easing the mind with a simple answer maybe helps people get on with each day.

67yrs • M •
quote:
Typical theist statement, segregation.
Non-theists say let's be a melting pot, learn from one another. Theists only continue to segregate and isolate those that don't share your opinion. I will say Brother; your posts are a fire starter.
As for your quote in regards to Atheism being a religion, it's a way of life. Someone who works on his car and drives it as well would be considered a hobbyist right? He learns the lessons from others, incorporates it, upgrades and cleans his and drives better. This is the atheist way of life, you gather and learn lessons from others and incorporate it into yours.

Careful your prejudice is showing
I would not describe myself as typical and theist tells you nothing about the person that I am, only a belief structure. It was Decius that suggested segregation, I suspect to stir the pot, I merely suggested equal time.
Thank you, I have learned that you are in search of a unique belief, perhaps a truist, if so we are more alike than you may realize. I think you are far more complex that simply someone that doesn't believe in God. If you devote your life to dispelling others beliefs, you are wasting your energies. If you wish to get along with others don't confront them or show bias, be open minded. If you are in search of truth, truth is its own reward.

40yrs • M •
Brother Bob,

Forums and discussions like this are open to all and about as equal as you can get. If you were to say equal for other beliefs then you would have thousands of different forms for political correctness, and what's to say only one post at a time per representative? And in the end it's not really equal.
Searching and learning never seems to stop. As my quote states the more you learn the less you know. I can only guess that generations from now the same questions will be asked about philosophy and religion.
I do not believe, we as a species, will survive technological progress should we stubbornly keep hold the ways of the past. I agree we need something to believe in, what I say is that belief should be in ourselves.
Anyway this is a side track of the forums question. Should atheists and agnostics have their own forum? I say no, stirring the pot won't happen if we all hide in our own forum. Discussions are best boiling and churning.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy