If you don't understand my silence, you can't understand my words. - WanderingNobody
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is the root cause of atheist's disbelief and are they qualified to debate theism? - Page 4

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At this point little everything about you is a joke to me. I will not keep this label of you, I will watch your words, but if you do not change in my eyes, know that You Are A Joke. Entirely.

I am not saying this to be mean, I am just telling you the truth. Your responses and demeanor is litterally laughable, and that is all you got out of me. Litterally laughing at you out loud.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think you're a joke Brother. Religion is officially out of vogue now and its cool to hate on it so everybody just repeats the same stale arguments relentlessly like they're doing people a favor. Also, if you haven't noticed, tact isn't very popular on this site.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 67yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Brother Bob is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
At this point little everything about you is a joke to me. I will not keep this label of you, I will watch your words, but if you do not change in my eyes, know that You Are A Joke. Entirely.

I am not saying this to be mean, I am just telling you the truth. Your responses and demeanor is litterally laughable, and that is all you got out of me. Litterally laughing at you out loud.

I don't take offense in your words, I never do. I had hoped you did not take offense in mine. Like or dislike me because of my personality, words and manner. To dislike me because of a label is tragic.
It is not a contradiction to dislike you and agree with what you say or to like you and disagree with what you say.
It is wonderfull that I can bring joy to your life. Laughing is good.

"What keeps man far from God, also keeps man far from man."
 67yrs • M •
quote:
I don't think you're a joke Brother. Religion is officially out of vogue now and its cool to hate on it so everybody just repeats the same stale arguments relentlessly like they're doing people a favor. Also, if you haven't noticed, tact isn't very popular on this site.

Peace be with you. Thank you for the kind words and the courage to say them. A lack of tact is easily dismissed, a lack of respect is not.
I met with 2 seniors tonight and a 1/2 hour visit turned into 4 hours. They are very much out of "vogue", but our conversation will never fade from my memory.

67yrs • M •
Decius nice sound bites here is another
quote:
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Here it is in context
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

36yrs • M •
OutbackCurry is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
main cause for me was lack of freedom and a logical problems.

lack of freedom - for me it was not being able to certain types of meats, belief in astrology and other superstitions.

logical problems - If you die in a car crash its the other guys fault. If you live its god who saves you. why don't we blame god for killing the person or give chance the credit for saving him.

Personally, I don't have anything against religious people. God is a bit like a Horse for me. We might have needed a horse for daily use but its not a neccesity. I have one life with nothing after death and Im going to make it the best for me and everyone I love.

37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought I had a post in this thread,,,,,

"334jui8"
 54yrs • M •
Pontius is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would like to invite people to read my blog here: http://garywiblin-letters.blogspot.com/ and then comment on it. I have debated this subject over and over with religious people and quite honestly I win every time. Let me have your views please.

"xxxx"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow pontius die

"all you know is all you know"
What is the root cause of atheist's disbelief and are they qualified to debate theism? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy