Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

People! BAH! Humans suck!

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Humans have to be the most inconciderate, selfish, big headed, egoistic liars that have ever existed! It's EVERYWHERE I try to find ONE site where people are nice to each other.

I stick up for someone and they insult me or tell me I'm wrong, I critisise something and it ends up being basically hate mail!

It's starting to seem as if people think "He's only 14, he doesn't know anything therefore shouldn't be allowed his own opinion!" I give up... I'm running on a grand total of no sleep whatsoever and I come on to see people telling me how wrong I am.

If you want to reply or think "Oh he just can't take a little bit of critisism, he's over reacting." Go for it! But deep down it's not true. The human race need to stop thinking how important they are themselves, get out of this "shell" of self obsession and be NICE for once in their lives! Seriously! Everywhere I go or even LOOK there is violence or bullying or a mixture of both!

I'm not sure if this is the right section to put this in but frankly I don't give a damn.

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 31yrs • M •
WiII is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You are truly right my friend... I agree with you 100%. But I am happy to see that there is yet hope for humans, because, people like you are finaly coming out and trying to fix things, although it's a slow process, but... Still better then leting them take over everything with their dark thoughts and acts...

"I am my own legend...."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It would be nice if everyone was nice to one another but also really boring! If people don't disagree then there wouldn't be anything to debate about. The good and the bad, the beauty of life!

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If people don't disagree then there wouldn't be anything to debate about.

Sure debating is fine when it goes well, but us humans are incapable of doing anything without abusing someone or something.

It would be nice if it was something like "I believe in God" then someone else says "Well I disagree, I believe in the Buddhist religon" but no its not. It's more like "I believe in God" then "Well I don't, which means you're different so I'm going to nuke your country and start a war!"

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 60yrs • M •
all4114all is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I used to feel exactly as you do, that people were a scorge and a disease and basically destroyed everything that came into thier path. I carried a growing bitterness and anger towards people in general and couldnt understand why people were so hateful and hurtful towards each other. It caused a huge inner conflict from within, because, wasn't I a part of this diseased species myself? Here I was, hating people, because they were so hateful. Duh?

After a steady decent into hell in my own mind and no longer able to tolerate the darkness of my own thoughts I set up an experiment for myself where I went out into the unknown, travelling to places I'd never been, and met people I had never met. I had to leave my old familiar place behind, my thoughts had become so jaded about it.

Traveling with barely enough cash to survive from day to day, I confronted the world head on, as myself, with only myself to rely on. I didnt know what I was doing, all I knew was that everything I had been doing up to that point, wasn't working. I was miserable and hated people.

I was determined to be a person of integrity, to not lie, cheat, steal, or dishonor: to face myself and my weaknesses,and discover what strengths I had. I was not looking for handouts, but, secretly, so secret I didnt even understand it myself at the time, I was hoping to find out that people really arent assholes, that, if they met someone truly struggling to survive, they would not turn thier back, that they would offer kindness and friendship and understanding.

I worked, hard labor at times, I lived nearly penniless, I wanted to remove money from the picture. I was looking for soul to soul stuff.

Long story short, I found out people are good, kind hearted, compassionate, yes, even loving. No, definately not all, but, it opened my eyes that what I'd been doing was cycling and recycling myself thru a dark tunnel of negative thinking. I wasnt seeing the whole picture, only one side.

When you say people suck and are only good for destruction, thats only one part of the story The bigger picture is that SOME people really do suck. They will hurt you, make no mistake about it, so, beware, but, I think the best we can do, is to do the best we can, to not become like THEM.

[  Edited by all4114all at   ]
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy