Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Stories we write...

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ajax271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Stories we write...
"This is an exercise" muttered the headphones in Danielle's ear. "This is a test of your mental capacity and my intuition. A trial by fire of the mind, for the benefit of those who read these pages I'm reading to you from."

Danielle nodded to her reflection in the ceiling above her, a mirror she could only guess was two-way, could only guess at the spectacled eyes watching her form in the couch, or could only guess was a mirror after all. Her limbs were restrained, an IV running into the vein in the crook of her elbow, waiting for the miracle drug that would soon rid the cancer from her bones. Odd, then, how the reading seemed to be for a different trial- something definitely not medical-related, something that sounded more like a Jigsaw speech from those horrible movies. She shuddered at the thought.

"This trial is a forerunner," continued the voice- it seemed to emanate from the white walls around her- "a foray into the capacities of the human mind to imagine, to perceive, and to create reality. You are one- there are many in this test, ranging from the street-lowly vermin to the man reading this narrative to you now. You will experience your own creation- as well as that of others, and must adapt to that story, to make it flow. Are there questions?"

"Yes," replied the voice to her open mouth. "You have cancer and an IV in your arm. A miracle drug was promised to you, one that would extend your life by years. That drug is a fantasy, as is the voyage you embark upon. And, like the drug, it will be entirely out of your control. Entirely out of mine."

A whirring sound next to her caused Danielle to whip her head to the side. A silver pillar was sliding out of the floor, two inches diameter, almost like a parking meter sliding out of the tile. With wide eyes, she watched the top unfold like a jewelry box, revealing a silver device much like a pocket laser pointer. It spun on an axis and lifted off, hovering like a helicopter over its landing pad before sliding gently over to blow its cool breeze on Danielle's face, hovering just inches from her lips.

"And now," droned the voice, "It goes out of my hands and into yours."

The hovering device flipped around again, and three wires shot out of the top of it, flailing like streamers before taking on a snakelike quality. Without fanfare or warning, two of them plunged into Danielle's open eyes, so fine no blood was spilled from contracting pupils. The third snaked into her mouth, burying itself in the soft lining of the back of her throat. The wires were simulators, offering every sight, every sense, every consequence of reality. They could entertain her; they could kill her through open eyes.

Danielle suddenly found herself far away from the pain of the cancer, far from the white-walled room, lying in the sand on some golden beach, where emerald water played the shorelines...

**This is a group-driven story- I'll put in a chapter just the same, but add your chapter to Danielle's experiences. I tried to make it as open as possible- surprise me. Only two rules: 1.) Danielle cannot die, and 2.) Back up your characters- others will use them. Happy writing- let's make this a Story.**

"\\\"Discretion in speech is more than Eloquence\\\""
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like your work Ajax, it has some substance to it. timeless and always felt. and damn you are so young. wait on your pen till you are 26.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
The Stories we write...
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy