For every action there is a reaction. Choose the right actions and you'll get the right reactions. - kouryuu
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does this have something to do with islam?

User Thread
 32yrs • F •
SoulMirror is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I recently saw someone write this word: "sana" or "sanaa". I think it probably have something to do with islam/quran or it may have some meaning in arabic.
Anyone know what it means or what it is? I google it and found there´s a city with that name, but that doesn´t really make sence to me=/

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eye is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, there's more than a few arabic words that would be written as such in latin letters.

the comon ones are:

sana : year
sana' : it's a girl name
sana'a : it's the capitol of Yemen

all i found related to the Islamic religion, that the prophet sent some of his messengers to different cities including Sana'a, and he requested a mosque to be build there.

usual shit,

but the city is an ancient city dating almost 2500 years.

and if it has to do anything with islam, it has the same significance as any other city that turned to Islam during the rule of the prophet.

the more important question is. why ?
heh.

hope this was helpful anyway.
cheers~

"i think therefore i think i am"
 32yrs • F •
SoulMirror is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thank you! What you have found makes it a bit more clear, even if I still don´t see any context in it You are so right, the more important question is why?

But then there´s something more that gives food for thought... Now I see it stands Sana bb.. where´s the logic in that? Probably a name then or what do you think?

Anyway when I read about what you found about the city and its history, i think it seems most logical it would be that that was meant.

and yeah.. I´m just laughing at myself right now for even bothering

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy