Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

It is amazing how one day things are well and the next they spirl out of control.

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
Reoh is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It is amazing how one day things are well and the next they spirl out of control.
I've sat alone for 6 months wondering if or when I will find someone else to fill the gap in my heart. I have meet many people but none that I cared to take further then a friend. Recently I met the most beautiful person in my world and for a while things were good. We both adored eachother. However she isn't ready for a relationship due to just getting out of one a few months back. My friends tell me I am dodging a bullet of heart ache but right now it seems to hurt more than anything because I was really falling for this one. I mean take perfection, lay it in front of you and then have it removed from you life. Why me? I live my life around being a good person, being honest, and being true. Why cant I have happiness? What did I do to deserve so much pain in my life? I finally learned how to live my life without someone next to me and then I find someone and she is taken away. What does she mean by "shes afraid she will hurt me?" if you like someone how can you hurt them? What kind of cruel game am I involved in? I just want to feel wanted again.

"I have always feared the unknown, Now I dont know myself."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol OMFG This guy said the SAME EXACT THING to me like 3 years ago and he was one hundred percent right lol. Listen to him, hes good with relationships. (if nothing else )

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
awe, come on now!
quote:
What does she mean by "shes afraid she will hurt me?" if you like someone how can you hurt them?
People hurt those they love unintentionally at times.
quote:
What kind of cruel game am I involved in? I just want to feel wanted again.
Ah, so then even though she cares for you, she doesn't feel that she can give you what you want (at least in the present situation). Is the cruel game in her lack of giving or in your demanding that which she can't give?
quote:
Why me? I live my life around being a good person, being honest, and being true. Why cant I have happiness? What did I do to deserve so much pain in my life?
Perhaps it is your self-indulgence desire that causes the pain? Can you accept the relationship as it is, finding joy in what you have together rather than wanting what is not?
After all, a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eye is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
What does she mean by "shes afraid she will hurt me?" if you like someone how can you hurt them?

All i can say is that the i'm afraid i'll hurt you bit is just an expression of uncertainty. it's mostly circling the point of is she feeling something or is she just afraid of being alone.
u know, the typical post long term relationship phase, even tho people sometimes stay in that phase jumping from one relationship to the next.

i think timing is the most crucial point in these matters, i say give it time, and give her space(emotional). I believe no constructive relationship can result from loneliness or neediness, we all need to let go or control that feeling before we jump into anything.

Again you can't control the outcome of it, be prepared for the worst.

Happiness lies in good memories, and our ability to recall these memories without pain.

anyways, good luck~

"i think therefore i think i am"
 36yrs • M •
Reoh is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
eye, I really appreciate your message. Thank you so much. It really has put things into prospective for me.

"I have always feared the unknown, Now I dont know myself."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy