Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Has Obama tripled our national debt since he has taken office?

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I heard Hannity from Fox talking about President Obama tripling our debt since he has taken office. Is this true or is this more of Fox's right-winged BS?

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 34yrs • M •
slow_talken is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I strongly doubt he has trippled America's debt. The national debt is the accumulation of annual budget deficits over the years.

http://1stBlackPres.blogspot.com/

Sounds as if they are predicting that when they close the books in 2009 the national debt will be trippled. Thel debit when Bush left office was 9.5 trillion. By Fox New's estimates the national deb will be 28.5 trillion. Seems a bit absurd to me.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It would seem that he hasn't kept all his campain promises, after all we are still sending troops, material, etc. to occupy those countries that Bush started wars in either? Should those expendensures be tallied as Bush's or O"bama's . . .

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whats sad is that Paul Krugman,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Krugman
has said that it wasnt enough. If your conservitive though you wont believe anything somone whos not a Foxmonkey would believe. So probably worthless typeing this up.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Whats sad is that Paul Krugman, has said that it wasn't enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Krugman
quote:
However, in the 20th century, an ever larger share of trade occurred between countries with very similar characteristics, which is difficult to explain by comparative advantage. .. .. Many models of international trade now follow Krugman's lead, incorporating economies of scale in production and a preference for diversity in consumption.

Could you be a little more specific as it relates to this thread?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This thread is in reference to Obama adding to our deficit. I'm just pointing out that during republican rule it doesn't matter what the deficient is (words by Dick Cheney) This doesn't seem to be a major issue unless a non republican is in office.
As for specifying why I would post a link to the guy that won the Nobel Prize in Economics, and stating that even though Obama is adding to the deficit to help our economy isn't enough, is purely to point out it's not enough despite conservative outcry.

As for breaking promises, you vote and hope for the best. I'm pretty sure that if I were to run for elected office, I would fail if I told people that I would act to the best of my ability. I would listen to the experts and community and make my decision from those inputs. This is truly all that I can promise.

Well I would promise that anyone who is publically speaking will be held accountable for blatantly incorrect information. Facts are facts, opinions are opinions. They should be identified as such.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy